You have no items in your shopping cart.
Apeks XTX50/DS4 Regulator, DIN
Product OverviewThe XTX50/DS4 is the same as the XTX50 in terms of performance but uses a different first stage. The DS4 first stage lacks the rotating turret found on the XTX50 first stage and offers one HP port. This compact first stage is a time-proven workhorse that has been embraced by the technical community around the world. Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth. The compact DS4 first stage has four medium-pressure (3/8" UNF) ports and one high-pressure port (7/16" UNF). An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice build-up and keeping silt and contamination out. Suitable for cold water use below 50°F (10°C). Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing. The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc., then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc. The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation. Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control. The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae.
A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator. The Comfo-Bite mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue. A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water. Features innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The Diver Changeable Exhaust (DCE) offers user the choice of either a compact, light-weight exhaust tee on the second stage or a wider exhaust. By using the wider exhaust, bubble interference can be avoided, perfect for photographers who wish to virtually eliminate exhaled air interfering with capturing the perfect image. The exhaust diffusers can be easily and quickly changed by sliding and locking the preferred set into place. Divers can now configure their own regulator exhaust diffusers for individual dive conditions or requirements.
Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must only be performed by an APEKS Authorized Service Technician. A braided flexi-hose comes standard. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable. Regulator comes with an owner's manual.
- Same Performance as XTX50 w/Different First Stage
- Compact First Stage, Time-Proven Workhorse
- Embraced by Technical Community Around the World
- Suitable for Cold Water Use Below 50°:F (10°:C)
- Nitrox/Oxygen Compatible Up to 40% O2
- Owner's Manual
- First Stage: APEXS DS4:
- Unique Over-Balanced Diaphragm First Stage
- Chromed Marine Grade Brass Construction
- Environmentally Sealed to Keep-Out Contaminates
- Delicate Internal Parts Not Exposed to Contaminants: Salt, Sand, Chlorine or Pool Acids
- Requires Less-Maintenance
- Secondary Environmental Diaphragm Membrane:
First Stage Completely-Sealed-Off
Dry Ambient Pressure Chamber
Second-Layer of Corrosion Resistance and Prevention of Freezing in Cold-Water-Use
- Four 3/8 UNF (Unified National Fine) Medium Pressure Ports
- One 7/16 UNF High Pressure Port
- Second Stage: Apeks ATX50
- Pneumatically-Balanced Second Stage
- Smooth, Easy Breathing
- Purge Button:
Large and Easy to Operate
2-Stage Progressive Purge
Press Purge On-Side for Lower Flow Rate
Useful for Filling Lift Bags etc.
Press Center for Full Purge
Great for Regulator Clearing etc.
- Large Venturi Lever w/Soft Touch Rubber Grip
- Easy-to-Grip Opening Effort Control Knob
- Silicone Exhaust Valve Improves Breathing Performance
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece Virtually Eliminates Jaw-Fatigue
- Heat Exchanger (patented):
Dissipates Cold Caused by Gas Expansion
Draws in Warmth of Ambient Water
Helps Prevent Freeze-Ups
- Active Protection Against Infection:
Additive that Kills MRSA
Protects Against E-Coli, Bacteria and Fungi
Very Effective Against Viruses, Mold, Yeast and Algae
- Diver Changeable Exhaust System (DCE):
Offers Choice of Compact, Light-Weight or Wider Exhaust Tee
Wider Exhaust, Less Bubble Interference
Great for Photography
Easy to Change System
Configure Regulator Exhaust Diffusers for Individual Dive Conditions or Requirements
- Reversible Second Stage: Left or Right Hand Gas Supply Configuration
- Flexible Nylon Braided Hose
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|1'st Stage Type||Over-Balanced Diaphragm|
|LP Ports||Four, 3/8-24 UNF Thread|
|HP Ports||One, 7/16-20 UNF Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Breathing Resistance Adjustment Knob, Dive/Pre-Dive Venturi (Free Flow) Switch|
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes, Up to 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type||Pneumatically Balanced Downstream Demand Valve|
|Regulator Materials||First Stage: Chrome Plated Brass, Second Stage: Techno-Polymer, Silicone|
|Hose Length||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Total Weight||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|1'st Stage Type|
|Four, 3/8-24 UNF Thread|
|One, 7/16-20 UNF Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage|
|Breathing Resistance Adjustment Knob, Dive/Pre-Dive Venturi (Free Flow) Switch|
|Yes, Up to 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type|
|Pneumatically Balanced Downstream Demand Valve|
|First Stage: Chrome Plated Brass, Second Stage: Techno-Polymer, Silicone|
|Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Not Specified by Manufacturer|
The Apex XTX50 regulator is well suited for all the types of diving I do from cave dives and deep wreck dives to relaxing reef dives. It is a great breathing regulator at all depths and to me it is a more durable regulator than the other brands Ive owned such as Atomic and Oceanic. If you are looking for a good reliable regulator for a reasonable price, then you should consider the Apex XTX50.