You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewThe XTX 200 is 2'nd only to the XTX Tungsten and quite rightly enjoys its position towards the top of the APEKS regulator range. The definitive blend of style & high performance, every detail on this product has been carefully designed to offer a regulator of the highest quality. Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. Active Protection Against Infection: Additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria & fungi, also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast & algae.
Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. This procedure must Only be performed by an APEKS Authorized Service Technician. Top of Form Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible & more durable. Suitable for cold water use below 50 Degree F (10 Degree C). Compatible w/EAN40 out of the box.
Over-Balanced Diaphragm Design:
The heart of any regulator is the 1'st stage. Most Apeks 1'st stages utilize a unique over-balanced diaphragm design. In an over-balanced 1'st stage design, the inter-stage pressure in the hose increases faster than traditional balanced models as a diver descends to greater depths. This increased inter-stage pressure compensates for the increased density of your breathing gas by allowing a larger volume of gas to flow through the system on demand. The result is superior breathing performance regardless of depth. The over-balanced diaphragm design is found on APEKS XTX200, 1'st stages.
Environmental Dry Sealing System:
Standard on APEKS XTX200 is the unique Environmental Dry Sealing System. This system serves several purposes, including the prevention of ice build-up on the main spring that can occur when diving in extremely cold water. Dry sealing the first stage also acts as a safeguard against the entry of contaminants & silt into the main spring chamber & eliminates the need for messy silicone oil or grease filling inside your regulator. First stage is machined from a solid piece of marine brass w/highly polished bright chrome plating, has four 3/8" UNF threaded low pressure ports, two 7/16" UNF high pressure ports and removable ARCAP valve seat.
2'nd stages feature a pneumatically balanced valve system which means that the pressure on the 2'nd APEKS stage valve is balanced by allowing medium pressure air to pass through to the opposite side of the valve to help counteract the force of the spring. This reduces the inhalation effort required to open the 2'nd stage valve and substantially improves the overall ease of breathing in all diving conditions. This means that a dive on an Apeks regulator is a far superior breathing experience to that of other competing regulators.
The APEKS XTX range of regulators can be dedicated to either left or right-handed use. While supplied in a right-hand configuration, the hose routing can be altered from right to left or left to right by an Authorized Apeks Service Tec. This extremely useful feature offers greater flexibility for those who like to configure their kit in a particular-way and sets Apeks regulators apart from other brands of regulators. The APEKS Reversible Venturi System (RVS) allows the diver to control the venturi assist with greater precision due to indexable Venturi Lever. Gas flow to the diver can be directed towards the mouthpiece by indexing the venturi lever towards the plus position. This allows the diver an assisted breathing resulting in a more comfortable dive with less breathing effort. With the venturi lever in the minus position, the air-flow in the second stage is directed onto the diaphragm, closing the valve and preventing free-flow. The Indexable Venturi Lever can therefore act as a pre-dive switch. When set in the minus position the 2'nd stage will not free-flow during the entry phase or if the regulator is dropped in the water. When the diver begins to use the regulator the venturi lever can be set toward the plus position and the 2'nd stage will give the diver an assisted breathing resulting in a more comfortable dive w/less breathing effort.
Diver Changeable Exhaust System:
The Diver Changeable Exhaust (DCE) offers user the choice of either a compact, light-weight exhaust tee on the 2'nd stage or a wider exhaust. Wider exhaust, bubble interference can be avoided, perfect for photographers who wish to virtually eliminate exhaled air interfering w/capturing images. The exhaust diffusers can be easily & quickly changed by sliding and locking the preferred set into place. Divers can configure their own regulator exhaust diffusers for individual dive conditions or requirements. The regulator comes standard with the Comfo-Bite mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue. The regulator weighs 44.87 oz (1272g) and comes with an owner's manual.
- Highly Technical Design
- Active Protection Against Infection:
Additive that Kills MRSA
Protects Against E-Coli, Bacteria and Fungi
Very Effective Against Viruses, Mold, Yeast & Algae
- Braided 3/8 Flexi-Hose
- Total Weight: 44.87 oz (1272g)
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40% O2
- Suitable for Cold Water Use Below 50 Degree F (10 Degree C)
- Compatible w/EAN40 Out-of-the-Box
- Owner's Manual
- First Stage: FSR XTX200
- Over-Balanced Diaphragm Design
- Medium Pressure Gas in Hose Increases Faster than Ambient
- Superior Performance at Depth
- LP Ports: 4 w/5th Port Option (3/8 UNF)
- HP Ports: 2 (7/16 UNF)
- Ports Angled for Optimum Hose Routing
- Body: Machined Solid Piece of Marine Brass, w/Bright Polished Chrome Finish
- Environmental Dry System:
Keeps Water Out of Main Spring Chamber
Preventing Ice Buildup & Keeping Silt & Contamination Out
Eliminates Need for Messy Silicone Oil or Grease
- Removable ARCAP Valve Seat
- Second Stage: XTX
- Pneumatically-Balanced Second Stage
- Smooth, Easy Breathing
- Purge Button:
Large & Easy to Operate
2-Stage Progressive Purge
Press Purge On-Side for Lower Flow Rate
Useful for Filling Lift Bags etc.
Press Center for Full Purge
Great for Regulator Clearing etc.
- Large Venturi Lever w/Soft Touch Rubber Grip
- Easy-to-Grip Opening Effort Control Knob
- Silicone Exhaust Valve Improves Breathing Performance
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece Virtually Eliminates Jaw-Fatigue
- Heat Exchanger (patented):
Dissipates Cold Caused by Gas Expansion
Draws-In Warmth of Ambient Water
Helps Prevent Freeze-Ups
- Diver Changeable Exhaust System (DCE):
Offers Choice of Compact, Light-Weight or Wider Exhaust Tee
Wider Exhaust, Less Bubble Interference
Great for Photography
Easy to Change System
Configure Regulator Exhaust Diffusers for Individual Dive Conditions or Requirements
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|1'st Stage Type||Over-Balanced Diaphragm|
|LP Ports||Four, 3/8-24 UNF Thread|
|HP Ports||Two, 7/16-20 UNF Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Inhalation Effort Control Knob
Dive/Pre-Dive Venturi (Free Flow) Switch
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes Up To 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type||Pneumatically Balanced Downstream Demand Valve|
|Materials||First Stage: Chrome Plated Brass
Second Stage: Techno-Polymer, Silicone
|Hose Thread||3/8 Thread|
|Total Weight||38.52 oz (1,092g)|
i have used, and owned, an awful lot of regulators since i started diving in 1972. this regulator tops the bunch. the breathing effort is wonderful fully adjustable, and the venturi makes a lot of difference. the combination of this regulator with the apeks xtx50 octo yellow alternate is a no brainer. a definite would recommend to a friend, and if ever needed i would buy this regulator again.