You have no items in your shopping cart.
Apeks WTX (Public Safety Diver) Single Cylinder Wings
Product OverviewThe WTX and WTX-D Series is a selection of harnesses, buoyancy cells and accessories which offer unparalleled versatility due to the modular nature of the entire system. Each component can be configured into a highly technical rig for those trained to push the limits, or scaled down to make a travel friendly set up suitable for any diver. Single cylinder wings, often referred to as donuts, are oval shaped air cells or bladders that are not permanently attached to a harness. While single cylinder wings have their origins in the realm of technical diving, they are becoming very popular in the recreational community. Not only are these single cylinder wings streamlined, but due to their shape being a continuous loop, they are very stable underwater. There is no dramatic shift of air from left to right.
APEXS single cylinder wings are a smart design that allows a cylinder to nest deep inside them. These wings mate up nicely to the rest of the APEXS WTX collection of high-quality harnesses, plates and accessories. They can be configured in multiple ways to match the type of diving that you do. As with the rest of the WTX collection, these single cylinder wings are built from the finest quality materials. They are designed by APEXS and built in their own factory. Wing comes with a K-style inflator equipped with brass buttons and a 3/8" threaded quick-disconnect hose. The corrugated inflator hoses measures 16" or 18" (40.64cm or 45.7cm) and is an oval or round-shaped low-profile design depending on the wings lift capacity. A safety cable in the hose prevents hyper-extension while diving. Inflator is positioned on the off-center so as not to interfere with the regulator first stage.
For managing buoyancy trim the wing has a low-profile flat dump/overpressure relief valve positioned in front, lower-left side. High-efficiency drains to drain water quickly, central mesh panel + 2 grommet. Access zipper is located on front side to prevent abrasion from cylinders and tank bands. The Apeks WTX PSD (Public Safety Diver) Wing's exterior is made from ARMORGUARD which is more abrasive resistant then the standard 1000D Armor-Shield Cordura. The outer bag is faster drying and whenit doesn't get rinsed, it won't smell or pick up bacterial growth. Internally the wing comes with the inner bladder manufactured from 22ml. (.022") thick black urethane. The zipper bladder access closure is a heavy duty YKK #10 plastic zip and slide. Donut has tank stabilizer bars for added cylinder stability. Wing comes in an 18, 30 and 40 lbs. (8.16, 13.6 and 18.2 kg) lift capacity.
- Single Cylinder Wings, Referred-to-As Donuts
- Oval Shaped Air Cells or Bladders
- Not Permanently Attached to Harness
- Popular w/Technical & Recreational Diving Communities
- Streamlined & Stable Underwater
- No Dramatic Shift of Air from Left to Right
- Smart Design: Allows Cylinder to Nest Deep-Inside-Wing
- Mate Up Nicely to APEXS WTX Collection Harnesses, Plates & Accessories
- Can-Be-Configured in Multiple Ways to Match Your Type of Diving
- Built from Finest Quality Materials
- Designed by APEXS & Built In-Their-Own-Factory
- Drainage: Central Mesh Panel + 2 Grommet
- Lift: 18, 30 & 40 lbs. (8.16, 13.6 & 18.2 kg)
- High-Efficiency Drains to Drain Water Quickly
- Access Zipper Located On-Front Side to Prevent Abrasion
- K Style w/Brass Buttons
- Low Profile 16 or 18 (40.64cm or 45.7cm) Oval/Round-Shaped Hose
- Safety Cable to Prevent Hyper-Extension
- Positioned Off-Center Won't Interfere w/Regulator 1'st-Stage
- 3/8 Threaded Quick-Disconnect Hose
- Dump Valve:
- Low Profile Flat Overpressure Valve
- Pull Cord for Trimming Buoyancy
- Positioned in Front, Lower-Left Side
- Exterior: 1000D ARMORGUARD
- More Abrasion Resistant than 1000D Armor-Shield Cordura
- Faster Drying
- WhenNot Rinsed, Won't Smell or Pick Up Bacterial Growth
- Inner Air Cell: 22mil (.022) Thick Black Urethane
- Zipper: Heavy Duty YKK #10 Plastic Zip & Slide
- When You Buy Apeks, Rest Assured You're Buying the Best Product Available
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|BC Body||Back Inflation Donut Wing|
|Buoyancy Bag||18, 30 & 40 lbs (816, 13.6 & 18.2 kg)|
|Valves||Front, Lower-Left Side Flat Overpressure Valve|
|Oral Inflator||APEXS K Style w/Brass Buttons|
|Materials||Exterior: 1000D ARMORGUARD
Air Cell: 22mil (.022) Thick Black Urethane