You have no items in your shopping cart.
Apeks RK3 HD Fins
Product OverviewThe RK3 HD fin is the latest in the RK3 range. It is made from a higher density material than the standard RK3, which makes the fin stiffer and heavier and is therefore the ideal fin for dry suit diving. The new, heavier compound makes it negatively buoyant and produces a stiffer blade, providing additional power in heavy currents or surf. Designed in collaboration with the US military and renowned for outstanding performance and reliability, the APEKS RK3 HD is a rugged thermoplastic rubber fin featuring an over-sized foot pocket to accommodate dry suit boots and a spring strap for easy donning and doffing. The RK3 is available in three sizes of medium, large and super. APEKS didn't give the RK3 fin a shoe size range as this can be very misleading. The environment that an RK3 is used in will tend to dictate the size of fin that you need, for example do you dive in a warm environment wearing wetsuit boots, or are you walking across pebbled beaches and wearing a dry suit and rigid dry boots? Both forms of footwear may be a size 9, but will take up different amounts of space in the fin foot pocket. Therefore, APEKS recommend that you visit your local dive store and try the fins on with your own footwear, just to ensure that you're getting the right fit for your style of diving.
Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers. Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments. Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves. The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades. Short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining great maneuverability. Vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke. The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade much in the same way split fins eliminate the vortex.
The blade material designed to hold up in the toughest environments, temperatures and abuse. Two large grommet holes designed to fit most carabiners for easy storage of the fins while accessing the dive site. Spring straps as standard, and custom designed buckle holds spring straps in optimum position. Simple push pin design allows simple replacement of springs if necessary. Fins are black in color.
- Designed in Collaboration w/US Military
- Higher Density Material than Standard RK3
- Stiffer and Heavier: Ideal Fin for Dry Suit Diving
- Heavier Compound Makes it Negatively Buoyant
- Produces Stiffer Blade, Providing Additional Power in Heavy Currents or Surf
- Renowned for Outstanding Performance and Reliability
- Rugged Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) Fin
- Over-Sized Foot Pocket to Accommodate Dry Suit Boots
- Spring Strap for Easy Donning and Doffing
- Based On One of The First Vented Rubber Fins Sold in North America
- Popular Among Military and Professional Divers
- Compact, and Ultra-Rugged for Use in Harsh Environments
- Improved Foot Pocket w/Spring Straps for Ease of Use
- Easy Donning/Doffing Even w/Cold Hands or Thick Gloves
- Standard Gear Issue Fin for Military, Special Ops, Coast Guard and Public Safety Divers
- Blade Design:
Short Wide Blade Provides Maximum Forward Thrust
Maintains Great Maneuverability
Vents Reduces Resistance on Upstroke/Enhances Thrust on Downstroke
Vents Eliminate Vortexes that Occurs Along Back of Blade
- Blade Material: Holds-Up in Toughest Environments, Temperatures and Abuse
- 2-Large Grommet Holes: Fit Most Carabiners, Easy Storage of Fins while Accessing Dive Site
- Spring Straps: Custom Designed Buckle Holds Spring Straps in Optimum Position
- Straps Equipped w/Rubber Heel Extrusion for Comfort
- Simple Push Pin Design Allows Simple Replacement of Springs if Necessary
- Color: Black
Pressure-Free Fit Guarantee
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Materials||Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR)|
|Open Heel/Full Foot||Open Heel|
|Strap Type||Spring w/Rubber Heel Extrusion|
|Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR)|
|Open Heel/Full Foot|
|Spring w/Rubber Heel Extrusion|