You have no items in your shopping cart.
Apeks MTX-R Regulator, DIN
Product OverviewThe MTX-R is based on the MTX military regulator and is a super tough, rugged, high performance, go anywhere regulator. The MTX-R has excellent cold-water performance and has a greatly reduced risk of free flow. This has been achieved by improving several areas, including an innovative endcap solution that solves a long-challenged reality for cold-water divers of first stage freeze up. This regulator is designed to meet all aspects of the NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit) military requirements for diving in very cold water. The MTX-R is highly reliable and very easy to service out in the field. Unique over-balanced diaphragm design f as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
Compact environmentally dry sealed diaphragm system completely-eliminating the maintenance issues associated with silicone, oil or grease filling. Break through, innovative over-molded first-stage endcap & environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also, protects the first stage from impact damage. Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release. 5 x 3/8" UNF (Unified National Fine) medium pressure ports and 2 x 7/16" UNF high pressure ports. The 5th 3/8" UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use. Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance. Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters. Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation. Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
The second stage regulator has been attached to a double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort. Rig is Nitrox/Oxygen compatible f Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection. Simple to use with no dive adjustment controls and reduced chance of free flow occurrence, pre-settable cracking effort or venturi control by an Apeks approved qualified technician. High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve, with large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button and front cover with over-molded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate which improves durability of the second stage. Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places. Reversible second stage for either a left-or-right-hand gas supply configuration. A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water. Removable bungee necklace with lock out feature for retaining second stage in the mouth of an unconscious diver during rescue and to assist with jaw fatigue. Regulator comes standard with a Comfo-Bite mouthpiece, and a flexible nylon braided hose has better cold-water performance than traditional rubber hose. Simple service kit makes it easy to service. Regulator weighs 2.63 lbs. (1,193 g) and comes with an owner's manual.
- Based on MTX Military Regulator
- Super Tough, Rugged, High Performance, Go Anywhere Regulator
- Excellent Cold-Water Performance
- Greatly Reduced Risk of Free Flow
- Meet All Aspects of NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit) Military Requirements
- Designed for Diving in Very Cold Water
- Highly Reliable and Very Easy to Service In-the-Field
- Simple Service Kit
- Easy to Maintain Performance
- Weight: 2.63 lbs. (1,193 g)
- Nitrox/Oxygen Compatible Up to 40% O2
- Note: EU (European Union), Above 21% O2 Must Use M26 Connection
- Owner's Manual
- First Stage: APEKS MTX
- Compact Over-Balanced Diaphragm First Stage
- Environmentally Sealed to Keep-Out Contaminates
- Delicate Internal Parts Not Exposed to Contaminants: Salt, Sand, Chlorine or Pool Acids
- Requires Less-Maintenance
- Over-Molded Endcap & Environmental Diaphragm
- Endcap Design:
Prevent Ice Build-Up in Extreme Circumstances
Protects First Stage from Impact Damage
- Easy to Grip One-Handed DIN Hand-Wheel
- 5 x 3/8 UNF (Unified National Fine) Medium Pressure Ports
- 2 x 7/16 UNF High Pressure Ports
- 5th 3/8 UNF MP Port Includes Protective Bumper when Not in Use
- Forged Chromed Brass First Stage Body
- Heat Exchanging Ribs for Maximum Thermal Performance
- Angled HP Ports for Optimal Hose Routing and Fitting of Transmitters
- Forged Rotating Turret w/Medium Pressure Ports, Optimum Hose Routing
- Ribbed Diaphragm Clamp for Improved Heat Exchange
- Second Stage: APEKS MTX-R
- Double Swivel Hose for Greater Freedom of Movement
- Pneumatically-Balanced Second Stage
- Smooth, Easy Breathing
- Simple to Use with No Dive Adjustments Controls
- Reduced Chance of Free Flow Occurrence
- Pre-Settable Cracking Effort or Venturi Control by Apeks Qualified Technician
- Large, Diver Friendly Self-Flushing Controllable Purge Button
- Front Cover w/Over-Molded Elastomer
- Formed Chrome Plated Brass Plate, Improves Durability
- Large Protective Elastomer Bumpers:
Side and Top, Protect from Impacts and Scratches
- Reversible Second Stage: Left or Right-Hand Gas Supply Configuration
- Heat Exchanger (patented): Surrounds Valve Mechanism, Dissipates Cold
- Removable Bungee Necklace:
Lock Out Feature
Retains Second Stage in Mouth of Unconscious Diver During Rescue
Assist w/Jaw Fatigue
- Diver Changeable Exhaust System (DCE):
Offers Choice of Compact, Light-Weight or Wider Exhaust Tee
Wider Exhaust, Less Bubble Interference
Great for Photography
Easy to Change System
Configure Regulator Exhaust Diffusers for Individual Dive Conditions or Requirements
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece
- Flexible Nylon Braided Hose
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|1'st Stage Type||Over-Balanced Diaphragm|
|LP Ports||Five, 3/8-24 UNF Thread|
|HP Ports||Two, 7/16-20 UNF Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||No|
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes Up To 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type||Pneumatically Balanced Downstream Demand Valve|
|Materials||First Stage: Chrome Plated Brass
Second Stage: Techno-Polymer, Chromed Brass, Silicone
|Hose Length||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Total Weight||2.63 lbs (1.1kg)|