You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewBefore the XTX range of regulators came along, the ATX models ruled the seas. The ATX40 is still available today and offers a fully balanced first and second stage that are suitable for cold-water use below 50°F (10°C) and is compatible with EAN40 out of the box. This high-performance regulator boasts an over-balanced first stage coupled with a pneumatically balanced second stage. The smooth, quiet breath is sure to enhance your diving enjoyment. Suitable for cold-water use thanks to its first stage environmental dry seal and second stage heat exchanger.
The APEXS ATX40 uses the DS4 first stage. Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth. An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice build-up and keeping silt and contamination out. The chromed marine brass first stage has four medium-pressure (3/8" UNF) ports and one high-pressure port (7/16" UNF).
The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate even with thick gloves. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable. Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing. The integrated venturi control provides a performance boost at depth while preventing unwanted free flow at the surface. An extremely efficient exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator. The Comfo-bite mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue. A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water. Offers a compact, integrated exhaust tee. Regulator weighs 39.86 oz. (1130 g) and comes with an owner's manual.
- Before XTX Range of Regulators Came Along, ATX Models Ruled the Seas
- ATX40 is Still Available Today
- Highly Technical Design
- Total Weight: 39.86 oz. (1130 g)
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40% O2 Out-of-the-Box
- Suitable for Cold Water Use Below 50°:F (10°:C)
- Owner's Manual
- First Stage: APEXS ATX40 DS4
- Unique Over-Balanced Diaphragm First Stage
- Chromed Marine Grade Brass Construction
- Environmentally Sealed to Keep-Out Contaminates
- Delicate Internal Parts Not Exposed to Contaminants: Salt, Sand, Chlorine or Pool Acids
- Requires Less-Maintenance
- Secondary Environmental Diaphragm Membrane:
First Stage Completely-Sealed-Off
Dry Ambient Pressure Chamber
Second-Layer of Corrosion Resistance and Prevention of Freezing in Cold-Water-Use
- Four 3/8 UNF (Unified National Fine) Medium Pressure Ports
- One 7/16 UNF High Pressure Port
- HP & MP Ports Angled for Optimum Hose Routing
- Second Stage: APEXS ATX40
- Pneumatically-Balanced Second Stage
- Smooth, Easy Breathing
- Purge Button:
Large and Easy to Operate
2-Stage Progressive Purge
Press Purge On-Side for Lower Flow Rate
Useful for Filling Lift Bags etc.
Press Center for Full Purge
Great for Regulator Clearing etc.
- Large Venturi Lever w/Soft Touch Rubber Grip
- Silicone Exhaust Valve Improves Breathing Performance
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece Virtually Eliminates Jaw-Fatigue
- Heat Exchanger (patented):
Dissipates Cold Caused by Gas Expansion
Draws in Warmth of Ambient Water
Helps Prevent Freeze-Ups
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|1'st Stage Type||Over-Balanced Diaphragm|
|LP Ports||Four, 3/8-24 UNF Thread|
|HP Ports||One, 7/16-20 UNF Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Yes, Dive/Pre-Dive Venturi (Free Flow) Switch|
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes Up To 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type||Pneumatically Balanced Downstream Demand Valve|
|Materials||First Stage: Chrome Plated Brass, Second Stage: Techno-Polymer, Silicone|
|Hose Length||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Total Weight||39.86 oz. (1130 g)|
|1'st Stage Type|
|Four, 3/8-24 UNF Thread|
|One, 7/16-20 UNF Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage|
|Yes, Dive/Pre-Dive Venturi (Free Flow) Switch|
|Yes Up To 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type|
|Pneumatically Balanced Downstream Demand Valve|
|First Stage: Chrome Plated Brass, Second Stage: Techno-Polymer, Silicone|
|Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|39.86 oz. (1130 g)|