You have no items in your shopping cart.
Akona Skin Suit
These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at scuba we offer our exclusive PFF Guaranty
Product OverviewThe Akona Skin Suit provides maximum comfort for tropical environments. Made from 10 oz. (283.5 g) polypropylene, soft brushed lining and flat-lock stitched construction form a comfortable fit to use alone or as layering garment. Wearing a skin suit under your normal exposure suit can keep you much warmer than without. The Skin Suit retains the water that enters your wetsuit and keeps it from flushing out of the wetsuit thus helps retain your body heat.
Other features include ankle & thumb stirrups which won't allow the suit to ride up when in the water or when worn under your exposure suit. Skin Suit has a heavy duty back zipper closure with pull tab leash for easy self-donning and doffing. Polypropylene is fast drying. The non-buoyant material allows you to maintain your current dive weight requirements. Suit is all black. When worn alone the Skin Suit provides defense against sea lice, jellies, and other irritants along with SPF50 UV sun protection. Unisex suit is available in multiple sizes.
- Unisex Design
- Maximum Comfort in Tropical Environments
- Great for Layering as an Undergarment
- SPF50 UV Protection from Sun
- Provides Defense Against: Sea Lice, Jellies, and Other Irritants
- 10 oz. (283.5 g) Polypropylene with Soft Brushed Lining
- Durable Flat-Lock Stitched Construction
- Ankle & Thumb Stirrups, Prevent Suit Ride-Up
- Heavy Duty Back Zipper Closure w/Pull Tab Leash
- Easy Self-Donning and Doffing
- Fast Drying Material
- Non-Buoyant Fabric
- Color: All Black
- Available in Multiple Sizes
Pressure-Free Fit Guarantee
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Type||Unisex Dive Skin Suit|
|UV Protection||Yes, SPF50 UV|
|Closure||Back Zipper w/ Pull Leash|
|Construction||Flat-Lock Stitched Seams|
|Stirrups and Thumb Loops||Yes|
|Unisex Dive Skin Suit|
|Yes, SPF50 UV|
|Back Zipper w/ Pull Leash|
|Flat-Lock Stitched Seams|
|Stirrups and Thumb Loops|
Why has no one ever discussed dive skins with me? After struggling eternally to get into my new 7-mil wetsuit, the dive skin makes putting it on not quite like youre greased, but close enough for me to go WOW!! Akona skin is true to size (medium for 57 & 165 lbs.), thumb ring and foot stirrups keep it in place while you pull on the wetsuit, and the water layer it provides kept me cool on deck without pulling off the whole wetsuit top. Zipper placement put the closed zipper pull outside the high neck of my wetsuit, so no poking in the neck or chest which would happen if it was under the suit. Cant say that it kept me any warmer, but who cares? The other pluses are more than enough reason to keep one in your gear. Cant say how durable it is yet, but after 10 dives, still looking like new.