You have no items in your shopping cart.
Akona AQ-Tec Hood with Bib
Product OverviewIntroducing Akonafs revolutionary thermal protection garment line: AQ-TEC. This multi-sport, thermal garment line uses the latest thermal technologies to provide comfortable, breathable, and flexible protection. The AQ-TEC thermal line combines Akonafs experience with their well-known wetsuit technology, with Akonafs passion for adventure in, on and under the water, to produce a truly versatile lightweight multi-piece system. Whether worn as stand-alone garments or used in combination with other pieces to achieve multiple combination possibilities, the AQ-TEC material is beyond diverse.
The secret is in how itfs made.Outer Layer: Super Stretch Multidirectional Nylon (SSMN) fabric provides you with unlimited natural freedom of movement for any activity. The Nylon fibers provide significant durability over the standard neoprene material from daily use, abrasion and UV light. The nylon fibers are water resistant preventing water from adding weight to the garment.
Middle Layer: Microporous TPU Film (MTP) is breathable to allow moisture and air to wick away from your skin while wearing out of the water for additional comfort. The MTP layer is windproof, which prevents wind chill, and is water resistant preventing once again from adding weight to the garment.
Inner Layer: Made from an advanced technology Elastic Polyester 4-Way Stretch Fleece (EPSF). The EPSF is a lofted fiber structure which creates a thermal warmth from the water next to your skin to prevent the loss of body temperature and regulate core warmth. This polyester fleece is the best insulating material, which is also highly water resistant and durable. With the best feature of all is that it is soft to the touch and non-chafing adding hours and hours of enjoyment to all of your outdoor activities.
This bibbed-style hood uses the patented thermal AQ-TEC construction technology, which performs optimally when paired with a wetsuit. With lofted fleece along the full interior, the hood can be comfortably removed and pulled on. All seams are glued and sewn for maximum comfort, durability and exceptional warmth. With 50+ SPF UV protection, this bibbed hood is great for menfs scalps or managing longer hair. This piece excellent for surfers, windsurfing, kayaking, free-diving and scuba diving. AQ-TEC patented 3-Ply layers are antimicrobial. Black in color and available in multiple sizes.
- Akonafs Revolutionary Thermal Protection Garment Line: AQ-TEC
- Multi-Sport, Thermal Garment Line
- Latest Thermal Technologies
- Provides Comfortable, Breathable, & Flexible Protection
Akonafs Experience w/Their Well-Known Wetsuit Technology
Passion for Adventure-In, On & Under Water
Truly Versatile Lightweight Multi-Piece System
- Stand-Alone Garments or Used In-Combination w/Other Pieces
- AQ-TEC Material: Beyond Diverse
- Secret Is-In-How-Itfs-Made
- Outer Layer:
Super Stretch Multidirectional Nylon (SSMN) Fabric
Unlimited Natural Freedom of Movement for Any Activity
Significant Durability Over Standard Neoprene Material
From Daily Use, Abrasion & UV Light
Water Resistant: Prevents Water Adding Weight
- Middle Layer:
Microporous TPU Film (MTP)
Breathable: Allows Moisture & Air to Wick Away from Skin On-Surface
Windproof: Prevents Wind Chill & Water Resistant
- Inner Layer:
Advanced Technology Elastic Polyester 4-Way Stretch Fleece (EPSF)
Lofted Fiber Structure
Creates Thermal Warmth from Water Next to Skin
Prevent Loss of Body Temperature & Regulate Core Warmth
Best Insulating Material, Highly Water Resistant & Durable
Soft to Touch & Non-Chafing
- Add Hours & Hours of Enjoyment to All Outdoor Activities
- Easy Donning/Doffing
- Warmth & Abrasion Protection from Activityfs Natural Bumps & Scrapes
- Excellent for Surfers, Windsurfing, Kayaking, Free-Diving & Scuba Diving
- Antimicrobial & 50+ SPF UV Protection from Sunfs Harmful Rays
- Bibbed Hood: Great for Menfs Scalps or Managing Longer Hair
- Performs Optimally Paired w/Wetsuit
- Seams: Glued & Sewn
- Color: Black
- Available in Multiple Sizes
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Type||Thermal Protection Garment|
Super Stretch Multidirectional Nylon (SSMN) Fabric
|Seams||Glued & Sewn|
|UV Protection||50+ SPF UV Protection|