You have no items in your shopping cart.
Air Line Model R360XL Hookah with 100' (30.5m) Hoses
Product OverviewThe Air Line hookah diving systems have a compressor at the surface that delivers air to divers below through long hoses and a demand regulator similar-to-the-kind used in scuba. The divers are freed from wearing heavy, bulky tanks. It's an easy, hassle-free way to dive that's always available whenever you want to dive. When you use an Air Line Direct Drive System, there is no need to get tanks filled, and no running out of filled tanks, when you still want to do more diving. The low gear requirements make hookah diving an ideal way for beginners to learn to dive, or anyone who wants to wear less gear. The Air Line has floating models that divers can easily tow along with them while swimming about, as well as deck units that remain on the boat. A hookah unit can also be a great tool to have aboard when you need to go under the boat for the inevitable (e.g., un-foul a prop, inspect or clean the hull, etc.). The Air Line innovated and developed the first direct drive hookah systems. We use only the highest quality components, and customer service is Air Lines top priority.
Traditional scuba gear is heavy and bulky. With the Air Line hookah system for diving, you can explore underwater worlds with streamlined freedom of movement like when snorkeling. The surface supplied air in the hookah dive system allows for unlimited air and no tank fills. Equipment for the hookah dive system is lightweight, compact, and easy to use. Save space on the boat by using the Air Line hookah dive system.
Because of the exceptional performance of the XL compressor, it is extremely well qualified to support the third, and even, fourth diver at respectable recreational depths. It is shown as a separate entity to eliminate confusion in determining requirements for depth and number of participants. EXceL, eXceLlent, no matter how you spell it, the unequalled, un-copied leader of the pack! The RX360XL is the bad boy that gives the competition nightmares. A large, single-head compressor that equals, or betters in delivered air, the other guy's double-head. The RX360XL can be serviced by you---in the field---in 15 minutes, with just three common hand tools and then only after hundreds and hundreds of hours of faithful service are you too water-logged to service yourself? Not to worry there are about 1,000 Thomas service facilities in North America alone. The Owner's Manual, however, is quite specific in the care and feeding of baby.
A very tough (but caring) single-head compressor, cut from a solid block of aluminum, and featuring a prominent, 6" (15.25cm) cooling fan. There is no restriction in its ability to disburse heat. The fan also has the effect of deflecting splash while it is pushing out heated air. Further, the large vent affords the possibility of washing off the bearing/piston assembly after the dive day, to rid critical working parts of the destructive effects of salt. There is absolutely no disassembly involved. Salt will enter the interior of any compressor as it cannot be hermetically sealed, as some circulation of hot air is needed. As with all Air Line compressors it is marine-ized inside and out for long, l-o-n-g service life.
In the Pre Airolinean-Geologic period, a single-head compressor could be counted on to supply air for two to a depth of about 30' (10m). R360XL will see that and raise (actually, lower) it 50' (15.25m). No kidding; two to 85' (26m), three to 60' (18.3m), four to 40' (12.2m). This is real numbers, not the hoped-for numbers you would get with a single, down hose system that additionally must run slower.
The way this works is quite simple: The XL provides air rated at Standard-E Compressed Gas Association of America purified 12.5 CFM/FAD (21.23 CMH) breathing air. That's a lot of air and I promise it's not hot air, figuratively, or literally. The cylinder is an impressive 3" (7.6cm) inside diameter with 1-7/8" (4.75cm) stroke at 3,600 RPM. Getting back on track, the XL is powered by Honda's 4 HP, 4-cycle (no mixing), motor, one of the most popular motors in the world, with thousands of service facilities. With a capacity of just 2.5 quarts (2.37 liters) of gas, it will run continually for three hours. Put four people on the system and you've effectively eliminated 12, count'em, 12 scuba tanks.
Breathing is smooth and easy with Air Lines adjustable hookah-specific second-stage regulators. Regulators have diver adjustment knobs to fine tune the breathing resistance, and a fully rotational 360° swivel to eliminate any regulator pulling like with a standard Scuba system. The regulators adjustment knobs will prevent unwanted free flow at the surface with a dive/pre-dive venturi and an adjustable breathing resistance knob. Regulators have an easy to find purge button on the regulator front cover. Breathing is made comfortable with the 5' (1.5m) US Navy heat hose which will cool the compressed air delivered to the three 100' (18.3m) fully swiveled dive hoses. Included are tow belts to tether the umbilical hoses to your body and three weight belts to maintain proper buoyancy. Maintenance is a breeze with the washable, stainless steel particle filter. Both the compressor and the gas engine come with an owner's manual for proper use and periodic maintenance.
The best part is it floats on the surface directly above you when you dive. A strong long life agricultural-grade inner tube, covered by a 1,000 denier U/V stabilized Cordura float cover, keeps the compressor high and dry. With a traditional red and white diver down flag, air intake staff and filter add only your personal gear, a little gas, oil a body of water (not included), and the fun and friends will be forthcoming. Maybe more friends than you knew you had. For a fourth diver (see SKU: ALHAAD Air Line Add-A-Diver Hookah Package). Size in polypropylene case: 19.5" x 25" x 17" (49.5cm x 63.5cm x 43.2cm). Inflated Float Size: 38" (96.5cm), stable up to 4' (1.2m) seas. System weighs 55 lbs. (25 kg).
Compressor: Thomas/Air Line, Large, single-head, direct-drive, oil-free, wobble piston.
Performance: 12.5 CFM @ 0 psi, 9.8 @ 50. Two at 85', three at 60, four at 40
Air Rating: Standard-E Compressed Gas Association of America.
Full-Time Operating Speed, Compressor & Motor: 3,400 RPM.
Motor: Honda, 4 HP, 4 Cycle
Operating Time: 3 hours (watch your decompression time) on 2.5 quarts (2.37 liters) of gas
Size in Polypropylene Case: 19.5" x 25" x 17" (49.5cm x 63.5cm x 43.2cm)
Inflated Float Size: 38" (96.5cm), stable up to 4' (1.2m) seas, use also as deck-mount on pan)
Weight: 55 lbs. (25 kg)
- Reduced Dive Gear Weight & Bulk
- Explore Underwater Worlds w/Streamlined Freedom of Movement
- Unlimited Air and No Tank Fills
- Lightweight, Compact, and Easy to Use
- Save Space On-the-Boat
- Support Third, and Fourth Diver at Respectable Recreational Depths
- Unequalled, Un-Copied Leader of the Pack
- Compressor Features:
- Thomas/Air Line
- Single Head Air Compressor
- Easy to Maintain (Just Three Hand Tools)
- Service Free Design
- Solid Aluminum Block Compressor
- 6 (15.25cm) Cool Fan
- Built for Marine Environments
- Extended Depth Limitations (2 Divers at 85'/26m)
- High Air Flow Design
- Air Rating: Standard-E Compressed Gas Association of America
- 3 (7.6cm) Inside Diameter w/1-7/8 (4.75cm) Stroke at 3,400 RPM
- Gas Engine Features:
- Honda's 4 HP, 4-Cycle (no mixing), Motor
- 2.5 Quarts (2.37 liters) Gas Capacity
- Three Hours Continues Run Time (watch your decompression time)
- 4-Divers Diving/Eliminates 12 Scuba Tanks
- Eliminates Bulky Scuba Cylinders
- Regulator Features:
- 3-Adjustable Hookah-Specific 2nd-Stage
- Fully Rotational 360°: Swivel
- Dual Adjustability:
Venturi Dive/Pre-Dive Switch
Prevents Free Flow
Adjustable Breathing Resistance Knob
- Easy to Find Purge Button on Front Cover
- Float Features:
- Agricultural-Grade Inner Tube
- 1,000-Denier U/V Stabilized Cordura Float Cover
- Stable Up to 4' (1.2m) Seas
Polypropylene Case: 19.5 x 25 x 17 (49.5cm x 63.5cm x 43.2cm)
Float Diameter: 38 (96.5cm)
Hoses: Three 100' (30.5m) Long
US Navy Heat Hose: 5' (1.5m)
- System Weight: 55 lbs. (25 kg)
- For Fourth Diver (see SKU: ALHAAD Air Line Add-A-Diver Hookah Package)
- Owner Manuals (Honda and Air Line/Thomas)
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Horse Power||Honda's 4 HP, 4-Cycle (no mixing), Motor|
|SCFM/SLFM||12.5 CFM/FAD (21.23 CMH)|
|Maximum Pressure||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Filter Type||Washable, Stainless-Steel Particle Filter|
|Hose Length||Diver Swivel: 3 x 100' (30.5m), Navy Heat Hose: 5' (1.5m)|
|Run Time||3-Hours Continues Run Time on 2-1/2 Quarts (2.36 liters) of Gas|
|Dimensions||19.5 x 25 x 17 (49.5 cm x 63.5 cm x 43.2 cm) in Polypropylene Case|
|Weight||55 lbs. (25 kg)|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Yes, Venturi Dive/Pre-Dive Switch, Adjustable Breathing Resistance Knob|
|2'nd Stage Type||Hookah-Specific|
|Regulator Materials||Plastic, Chromed Brass|
|Materials, Float||Tube: Agricultural-Grade Rubber
Cover: 1,000-Denier U/V Stabilized Cordura
|Float Dimensions||Tube: 38 (96.5cm)
Polypropylene Case: 19.5 x 25 x 17 (49.5cm x 63.5cm x 43.2cm)
|Harness/Weight Belt Materials||Webbing, Plastic, Hook & Loop Fastener|
|Weight Capacity||Each Pocket:
3 lbs. (1.36 kg) soft (shot) Weights
5 lbs. (2.27 kg) Solid Block Weights
Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckles
Weight Belt: Latch Style Buckle