You have no items in your shopping cart.
Air Line Model R260XL Hookah
Product OverviewEXceL. eXceLlent. No matter how you spell it, the unequalled, un-copied leader of the pack! The RX260XL is the bad boy that gives the competition nightmares. A Thomas large, single-head direct drive, oil-free, wobble piston compressor that equals, or betters in delivered air, the other guy's double-head. The RX260XL can be serviced by you---in the field---in 15 minutes, with just three common hand tools and then only after hundreds and hundreds of hours of faithful service are you too water-logged to service yourself? Not to worry there are about 1,000 Thomas service facilities in North America alone. The owner's manual, however, is quite specific in the care and feeding of baby.
A very tough (but caring) single-head compressor, cut from a solid block of aluminum, and featuring a prominent, 6" (15.25cm) cooling fan. There is no restriction in its ability to disburse heat. The fan also has the effect of deflecting splash while it is pushing out heated air. Further, the large vent affords the possibility of washing off the bearing/piston assembly after the dive day, to rid critical working parts of the destructive effects of salt. There is absolutely no disassembly involved. Salt will enter the interior of any compressor as it cannot be hermetically sealed, as some circulation of hot air is needed. As with all Air Line compressors it is marineized inside and out for long, l-o-n-g service life.
In the Pre Airolinean-Geologic period, a single-head compressor could be counted on to supply air for two to a depth of about 30' (9m). R260XL will see that and raise (actually, lower) it 55' (16.75m). No kidding; two to 85' (26m), three to 60' (18.3m), four to 40' (12.2m). (Real numbers, not the hoped-for numbers you would get with a single, down hose system that additionally must run slower)
. The way this works is quite simple: The XL provides 12.5 CFM/FAD (354 liters). That's a lot of air and Air Line promises it's not hot air, figuratively, or literally. The cylinder is an impressive 3" (7.6 cm) inside diameter with 1-7/8" (47.4 mm) stroke at 3,600 RPM. Getting back on track, the XL is powered by Honda's 4 HP, 4-cycle (no mixing), motor, one of the most popular motors in the world, with thousands of service facilities. With a capacity of just 2-1/2 quarts (2.36 liters) of gas, it will run continually for three hours. Put four people on the system and you've effectively eliminated 12, count'em, 12 scuba tanks. Breathing is smooth and easy with Air Lines adjustable Hookah-specific second stage regulators. Regulators have diver adjustment knobs to fine tune the breathing resistance, and a fully rotational 360° swivel to eliminate any regulator pulling like with a standard Scuba system.
Breathing is made comfortable with the 5' (1.5m) US Navy heat hose which will cool the compressed air delivered to the two 60' (18.3m) fully swiveled dive hoses. Included are tow belts to tether the umbilical hoses to your body and two weight belts to maintain proper buoyancy. Maintenance is a breeze with the washable, stainless steel particle filter. Both the compressor and the gas engine come with owner manuals for proper use and periodic maintenance.
The best part is it floats on the surface directly above you when you dive. A strong long life agricultural-grade 38" (96.5cm) inner tube, covered by a 1,000-Denier U/V stabilized Cordura float cover, keeps the compressor high and dry. With a diver down flag and an air intake staff and filter add only your personal gear, a little gas, oil a body of water (not included), and the fun and friends will be forthcoming. Maybe more friends than you knew you had. For a third diver, order the optional Add A Diver package (see SKU: ALHAAD). The unit measures 19.5" x 25" x 17" (49.5cm x 63.5cm x 43.2cm) in its polypropylene case, weighs 55 lbs. (25 kg) and comes with a traditional red and white diver down flag. Compressor air rating meets Grade-E Compressed Gas Association of America.
- Unequalled, Un-Copied Leader-of-the-Pack
- The Bad Boy that Gives the Competition Nightmares
- Compressor Features:
- Thomas Large, Single-Head Direct Drive, Oil-Free, Wobble Piston Compressor
- Equals, or Betters in Delivered Air, Then Other Guy's Double-Head
- Easy to Maintain (Just Three Hand Tools) in 15 Minutes
- 1,000 Thomas Service Facilities in North America
- Service Free Design
- Solid Aluminum Block Compressor
- Built for Marine Environments
- Prominent, 6 (15.25cm) Cooling Fan
- High Air Flow Design
- Compressors is Marineized Inside and Out for Long Service Life
- Diver Capacities:
2 to 85' (26m)
3 to 60' (18.3m)
4 to 40' (12.2m)
- Performance: Provides 12.5 CFM/FAD (354 liters)
- Cylinder Impressive 3 (7.6cm) inside Diameter w/1-7/8 (47.4mm) Stroke at 3,600 RPM
- Gas Engine Features:
- Honda's 4 HP, 4-Cycle (no mixing), Motor
- 2-1/2 Quarts (2.36 liters) of Gas-Three Hours Continues Run Time (Watch your decompression time)
- Worldwide Service
- Eliminates Bulky Scuba Cylinders
- Regulator Features:
- Adjustable Hookah-Specific 2nd-Stage
- Fully Rotational 360°: Swivel
- Regulator w/Diver Adjustment Knob to Fine Tune Breathing Resistance
- Breathing Comfort Increased w/5' (1.5m) US Navy Heat Hose
- US Navy Heat Hose: Cools Compressed Air Delivered to Diver
- Washable, Stainless-Steel Particle Filter
- Float Features:
- Agricultural-Grade 38 (96.5cm) Inner Tube
- 1,000-Denier U/V Stabilized Cordura Float Cover
- Traditional Red & White Diver Down Flag
- Other Features:
- Optional Add A Diver Package (see SKU: ALHAAD)
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 25 x 17 (49.5cm x 63.5cm x 43.2cm) in Polypropylene Case
- Weight: 55 lbs. (25 kg)
- Compressor Air Rating Meets½:Grade-E Compressed Gas Association of America
- Owner Manuals for Proper Use and Periodic Maintenance
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Horse Power||Honda's 4 HP, 4-Cycle (no mixing), Motor|
|SCFM/SLFM||12.5 CFM/FAD (354 liters)|
|Maximum Pressure||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Filter Type||Washable, Stainless-Steel Particle Filter|
|Hose Length||Diver Swivel: 60' (18.3m), Navy Heat Hose: 5' (1.5m)|
|Run Time||3-Hours Continues Run Time on 2-1/2 Quarts (2.36 liters) of Gas|
|Dimensions||19.5 x 25 x 17 (49.5 cm x 63.5 cm x 43.2 cm) in Polypropylene Case|
|Weight||55 lbs. (25 kg)|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Yes, Venturi Dive/Pre-Dive Switch, Adjustable Breathing Resistance Knob|
|2'nd Stage Type||Hookah-Specific|
|Regulator Materials||Plastic, Chromed Brass|
|Materials, Float||Tube: Agricultural-Grade Rubber
Cover: 1,000-Denier U/V Stabilized Cordura
|Float Dimensions||38 (96.5cm)|
|Harness Materials||Webbing, Plastic|