You have no items in your shopping cart.
Air Line 12V160-3 Battery Unit
Product OverviewAt Last!! An Honest-To-Goodness 12 Volt System for Diving!
Announcing Model 12V160-3, another in the long line of Air Line firsts, Thomas Industries once again comes through for The Air Line with a tough compact, single-head compressor that goes beyond -- actually, way below -- diving just under the hull. The 12V160-3 Battery Unit is a terrific option for sail boaters, power boaters who don't want to carry gas and metal detectives who want to keep a low, quiet profile. What better way to do those really-fun projects like scraping barnacles, changing zincs, chopping line off the prop. No tank to bop the boats gel coat, no yo-yoing up and down on breath hold dives till your lungs give out.
For folks who like numbers the performance: 3.25 CFM (92 liters) at 0 psi, 2.18 (61.7 liters) at 50 (15.25m). Unit will supply one diver to depth of 50' (15.25m). Motor is a 1/3 HP DC with a rated load of 26 Amps. Recommended battery: Group 31 Marine, (expect two hours of operation), Group 27, (expect one hour, 20 minutes) One D-Cell, (expect ridicule). Running the boat engine will keep the battery charged. Unit weights 23 lbs. (10.4 kg), measures: 12" x 8" x 6" (30.5cm x 20.3cm x 15.25cm) on white, rubber feet. Allow 19" (48.25cm) length for hose bend cables and overpressure and quiet valve. Mounting Notes: The compressor can be custom mounted in any position.
What about those underwater metal detector guys, in public places they need to accomplish two things to get the prize: They need relative silence, and zero fume emissions. Enter the stealthy Air Line 12 Volt system. (This approach is so effective that The Air Line should get half of the finds. But we will cede all pull-tabs) Breathing is smooth and easy with Air Lines adjustable Hookah-specific second stage regulator. Regulator has diver adjustment knob to fine tune the breathing resistance, and a fully rotational 360° swivel to eliminate any regulator pulling like with a standard Scuba system.
Breathing is made comfortable with the 5' (1.5m) US Navy heat hose which will cool the compressed air delivered to the 60' (18.3m) fully swiveled dive hose. Included is a tow belt to tether the umbilical hoses to your body and a weight belt to maintain proper buoyancy. Maintenance is a breeze with the washable, stainless steel particle filter. Unit comes with an owner's manual for proper use and periodic maintenance. Can accommodate a second diver with an optional Add A Diver package (see SKU: ALHAAD).
- Compact, Lightweight System
- No Heavy Cylinder on Your Back
- Thomas 12 Volt Single Head Piston Compressor
- Quite Electric Power
- No Gas Fumes or Carbon Monoxide Worries
- Adjustable Hookah-Specific 2nd-Stage
- Fully Rotational 360°: Swivel
- Quite Valve Installed
- Great for Boat Maintenance
- Perfect for:
Un-Foul a Prop, Clean Hulls, Free an Anchor, etc.
Recreational Diving Around Boat
Range of Commercial Applications:
Boat Hull Cleaning
Large Aquarium Work
Pool Maintenance/Repair, etc.
- Electric Units Quieter than Gas Units when Noise Level is Factor
- System Tested for Breathable Air
- Accept Second Diver to Keel Depth
- Note: Two Divers Requires Optional 60' (18.3m) Package (see SKU: ALHAAD)
- Regulator w/Diver Adjustment Knob to Fine Tune Breathing Resistance
- Breathing Comfort Increased w/5' (1.5m) US Navy Heat Hose
- US Navy Heat Hose: Cools Compressed Air Delivered to Diver
- Washable, Stainless-Steel Particle Filter
- Owner's Manual for Proper Use and Periodic Maintenance
- Motor½:1/3 HP DC
- Rated Load of 26 Amps
- Weight½:23 lbs. (10.4 kg) w/Heat Hose
- Diver Hose Weight: 10 lbs. (4.53 kg)
- Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 6 (30.5cm x 20.3cm x 15.25cm)
- Performance½:3.25 CFM (92 liters) at 0 psi, 2.18 (61.7 liters) at 50 (15.25m)
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Horse Power||1/3 HP DC|
|Amps||Rated Load of 26 Amps|
|SCFM/SLFM||3.25 CFM (92 liters) at 0 psi, 2.18 (61.7 liters) at 50 (15.25 meters)|
|Run Time||Group 31 Marine Battery, (expect two hours of operation), Group 27, (expect one hour, 20 minutes)|
|Filter Type||Washable, Stainless-Steel Particle Filter|
|Hose Length||Diver Swivel: 60' (18.3m), Navy Heat Hose: 5' (1.5m)|
|Dimensions||12 x 8 x 6 (30.5cm x 20.3cm x 15.25cm)|
|Weight||23 lbs. (10.4 kg) w/Heat Hose, Diver Hose: 10 lbs. (4.53 kg)|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Yes, Venturi Dive/Pre-Dive Switch, Adjustable Breathing Resistance Knob|
|2'nd Stage Type||Hookah-Specific|
|Regulator Materials||Plastic, Chromed Brass|