You have no items in your shopping cart.
AGA ABV-2 Valve with Visor for AGA Masks
Product OverviewFull Face Masks (FFM) are a great style of diving face mask used when radio communication equipment is essential to the diving operation and to lower the exposure of the diver's face to cold or polluted water. Many rescue divers, police and other government diving teams use this type of face mask in their operations. One problem is how fast the divers can be ready to get in the water. Delaying a diver from quickly entering the water can make a difference in the outcome of that operation, so diver readiness can be paramount. ABV -2 (Ambient Breathing Valve) with Visor for AGA FFM allows the user to breathe ambient air at the surface, conserving the divers tank air with the mask in place, thus keeping the diver ready to go at a moment's notice. The ABV is simple to use and its low profile allows for keeps the diver streamlined.
To use the ABV-2 while on the surface, simply rotate the valve counterclockwise. The one-way valve will open and allow air into the FFM. The one-way valve located on the inside of the FFM ensures that your exhaled air does not go back out the valve, but is instead routed through the second stage regulator, ensuring you do not get a CO2 building in the FFM. If you forget to turn the valve clockwise to close it before entering the water, the valve is forced closed when diving. The over pressure in the FFM assures the valve will close, and the valve disc prevents water from entering the mask.
Even when the valve is fully open, the profile changes only slightly. When the valve is open the diver breathes normally, and will notice little effort in breathing, while conserving tank air. The ABV-2 is a must for all search & rescue teams, military divers and divers who spend a lot of the time in the water!
- Valve is Pre-Installed on FFM Visor
- Allows Breathing of Ambient Air with Mask in Place
- Designed for AGA Full Face Mask (FFM)
- Durable Construction & Materials
- Simple to Use
- Operation: Breath, Rotate Valve Counterclockwise, Close Valve: Rotate Fully Clockwise
- Check Valve: Allows Air-to-Enter Valve Only
- Air Exhaled-Out Regulator
- Check Valve: Prevents Gas from Escaping via ABV if Open Underwater
- Low Profile In Open or Closed Position
- Prevents Carbon Dioxide Buildup in Mask
- Used by Search & Rescue Teams, Military Divers & Divers Spend Lots of the Time In-the-Water
- Easy to Install
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Breathe Ambient Air While On-Surface|
|Materials||Plastic, Rubber, Steel|
|Compatibility||AGA Full Face Mask (FFM)|