You have no items in your shopping cart.
Torpedo 3500 Dive Propulsion Vehicle (DPV)
Product OverviewThe Torpedo DPV (Dive Propulsion Vehicle) is designed to provide divers with greater mobility and less air consumption giving them more bottom time (within tables) and far greater range. Scuba divers pursue their sport to experience the fun and excitement of the underwater world. A DPV can enhance this experience by providing a greater mobility and extended time while using less effort. The Torpedo 3500 has been developed specifically with ease in operation and maneuverability. Engineered hydro dynamically with precision balance, Torpedo's unique design was specifically developed to keep the Torpedo 3500's operation and maintenance easy and simple. Every DPV is factory tested to a Depth of 170' (52 meters) to ensure that all design specifications have been achieved.
The Main Seal for the battery compartment has an O-ring seal for optimum protection against leakage. This type of sealing is easy to maintain. In normal use, the Torpedo 3500 is slightly negative -2.5 lbs. (-1.3 kg) when underwater. This allows a diver to set the unit down on the bottom to make equipment adjustments, take pictures, etc. For the snorkeler who wants his/her unit to be more buoyant, floatation devices are available. A magnetic reed switch, which can only be magnetically activated, has been designed for both safety and dependability. A magnet, conveniently inserted in a hook and loop palm strap, activates the switch.
The DPV is constructed from Gel coated BI axial fiberglass, ABS and powder coated aluminum. By utilizing computer aided design the Torpedo 3500 enhances the free flow of water through the shrouded propeller to maximize efficiency of the motor thrust. The Torpedo 3500 can be positioned upright for ease of opening and closing the unit to access the battery, as well as minimizing floor space during storage. The handles are designed for optimum function. Their location along the centerline of thrust and buoyancy provides minimal operation effort and arm fatigue while in use. This design also allows the user to carry the Torpedo DPV with ease while out of the water. The common 7/8" (2.22 cm) handle diameter allows for numerous accessory attachments to better adapt this unit to the individual's needs.
The DPV is powered by a sealed mercury marine/motor guide aluminum housing trolling motor. The battery is a 32 AH absorbed electrolyte sealed lead acid style that measures (W x H x L) 5.13" x 6" x 7.63", and weight 26 lbs. (11.8 kg). The unit comes complete with a fully automatic 6 amp output charger that will recharge a fully discharged battery in 3 to 4 hours. Charger is designed for an electrical input of 120 VAC 60 HZ. The Torpedo 3500 DPV weighs 50 lbs. (22.68 kg) on land, provides a speed of 3.5 mph (5.6 kph) with a run time of 45 minutes. The DPV with battery measures (H x Dia. x W) 35" x 10" x 12" (88.9 cm 25.4 cm x 30.48 cm) and comes with an owner's manual.
- Designed to Provide Divers w/Greater Mobility and Less Air Consumption
- More Bottom Time (BT) and Far Greater Range
- DPV: Enhance Experience by Providing Greater Mobility, Extended (BT), Using Less Effort
- Developed Specifically w/Ease in Operation and Maneuverability
- Engineered Hydro Dynamically w/Precision Balance
- Design Specifically Developed to keep Operation/Maintenance Easy and Simple
- Depth Rating: 170' (52 meters)
- Battery Compartment: O-Ring Seal for Optimum Protection
- Seal is Easy to Maintain
- Buoyancy: -2.5 lbs. (-1.3 kg)
- Switch: Magnetic Reed Design, hook and loop Palm Strap, w/Magnet Activates Switch
- Housing Construction: Gel Coated BI Axial Fiberglass, ABS and Powder Coated Aluminum
- Utilizing Computer Aided Design:
Enhances Free Flow of Water Thru-Shrouded Propeller
Maximize Efficiency of Motor Thrust
- Storage: Positioned Upright for Ease of Opening/Closing, Minimizing Floor Space
- Hand Rail Design:
Provides Easy Transport Provide Optimum Function
Minimal Operation Effort and Arm Fatigue
7/8 (2.22 cm) Diameter Allows for Numerous Accessory Attachments
- Propulsion: Sealed Mercury Marine/Motor Guide Aluminum Housing Trolling Motor
- Power: 32 AH Absorbed Ectrolyte Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Run Time: 45 Minutes
- Includes: Fully Automatic 6 Amp Output Charger
- Recharge Fully Discharged Battery in 3 to 4 Hours
- Electrical Input: 120 VAC 60 HZ
- Weight: 50 lbs. (22.68 kg)
- Speed: 3.5 MPH (5.6 KPH)
- Dimensions: (H x Dia. x W) 35 x 10 x 12 (88.9 cm 25.4 cm x 30.48 cm)
- Owner's Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Battery||32 AH Absorbed Ectrolyte Sealed Lead Acid Battery|
|Power||Sealed Mercury Marine/Motor Guide Aluminum Housing Trolling Motor|
|Run Time||45 Minutes|
|Speed||3.5 MPH (5.6 KPH)|
|Recharge Time||Fully Discharged Battery in 3 to 4 Hours|
|Depth Rating||170' (52 meters)|
|Dimensions||(H x Dia. x W) 35 x 10 x 12 (88.9 cm 25.4 cm x 30.48 cm)|
|Weight||50 lbs. (22.68 kg)|
|Buoyancy||Negative -2.5 lbs. (-1.3 kg)|
|Housing||Gel Coated BI Axial Fiberglass, ABS and Powder Coated Aluminum|