You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewThe dawn of a new era. A pneumatically balanced 2'nd stage under $350.00! The Magnum uses the same technology and design that has earned the Brut worldwide recognition for durability and reliability. The Magnum goes further to use a venturi device to reduce breathing resistance at the higher flow rates when it is needed the most. A flow control switch allows the diver to switch the venturi effect off when at the surface or in shallow water to stabilize the regulator for better manageability. Totally-redesigned to provide outstanding breathing performance, the Magnum maintains dedication to rugged reliability combined with ease of maintenance. The Magnum has been the overwhelming favorite for entry level applications for decades because of its simple reliability.
Innovation at its best is the way to explain the function of the Sherwood first stage regulator. The first stage regulator incorporates Sherwood's Dry Sealed Spring. This simple yet unique design has a flow-by piston that mechanically balances the air of the first stage ensuring excellent breathing characteristics at full or low cylinder pressures. Balanced flow-by piston design, which is a "fail safe" mechanism, with a patented dry seal internal mechanism to keep the intricate components clean and contaminate free no matter what kind of environment you dive it in, constructed from marine grade chrome plated brass for long life and durability.
The dry seal function allows the regulator is increase the intermediate pressure of the regulator without messy oils or grease as with more sophisticated designs. This added benefit makes the regulator virtually uncontaminated from the environment of salt, sand or chlorine internally, which makes it the choice of most repair technicians. The first stage is equipped with two 7/16" threaded high pressure (HP) ports and four 3/8" threaded low pressure (LP) ports for addition of gauges and LP accessories; this is one work horse first stage regulator. Tee-shaped design reduces regulator profile when mounted on tank minimizing opportunity to make-contact with the back of the head. First Stage has a high capacity inlet filter for smooth delivery of air to the second stage.
The Magnum second-stage boasts a large diaphragm and exhaust vale for optimal response to inhalation and decreased exhalation resistance. Pneumatically balanced 2nd stage - The pneumatically balanced regulator ensures you get the same amount of air delivery whether you are at 3,000 psi or 500 psi, (200 bars or 30 bars) improving the diving experience. Single valve tube construction - The single construction creates a precise channel for the valve to operate. Co-Molded mouthpiece - The large co-molded mouthpiece uses two different silicone compounds and colors to reduce jaw fatigue.
Magnum's precision Delrin lever and resilient silicone rubber seat give smooth effortless breathing. Its high impact glass-filled polyamide housing for rugged applications make the Brut regulator one great choice for any avid diving enthusiast. Second stage is equipped with a dive/pre-dive venture switch that helps prevent free flow of the 2'nd stage when surface swimming, entries from boats or diving against a current. The Regulator is equipped with a 3/8" threaded 31" (78.75 cm) low pressure hose, is nitox compatible to 40% oxygen out-of-the-box", and comes with an owner's manual.
- Dawn of a New Era
- Pneumatically Balanced 2'nd Stage in a Rental Regulator
- Totally-Redesigned: Provides Outstanding Breathing Performance
- Magnum Maintains Dedication to Rugged Reliability Combined with Ease of Maintenance
- Overwhelming Favorite for Entry Level Applications for Decades
- Simple Reliability
- NITROX Compatible to 40% Oxygen Out-of-the-Box
- 3/8 Threaded 31 (78.75 cm) Low Pressure Hose
- First Stage:½:Sherwood Dry Sealed Regulator
- Innovation at its Best
- Incorporates Sherwood's Patented Dry Sealed Spring:½:
Keeps Intricate Components Clean and Contaminate Free½:
No Messy Oils or Grease as with More Sophisticated Designs½:
Environmentally Sealed w/o the Mess½:
Seals-Out Sand, Silt, Salt and Chlorine Contaminates½:
- Mechanically Balanced Flow-By Piston
- Flow-By Piston: Fail Safe Mechanism
- Excellent Breathing Characteristics at Full or Low Cylinder Pressures
- Marine Grade Chrome Plated Brass for Long Life and Durability
- Two 7/16 Threaded High Pressure (HP) Ports
- Four 3/8 Threaded Low Pressure (LP) Ports
- Tee-Shaped Design: Reduces Regulator Profile, Minimizing Opportunity to Contact Back of Head
- High Capacity Inlet Filter for Smooth Delivery of Air to Second Stage
- Second-Stage:½:Sherwood Magnum Pro
- Pneumatically Balanced Design
- Dive/Pre-Dive Venturi Switch
- Switch: Prevents Free-Flow w/Surface Swimming & Entry from Boats
- Same Air Delivery at 3,000 psi or 500 psi, (200 bars or 30 bars)
- Sherwood: Improving the Diving Experience
- Single Valve Tube Construction: Precise Channel for Valve to Operate
- Larger Diaphragm for Optimal Response to Inhalation
- Larger Exhaust Valve for Decreased Exhalation Resistance
- Resilient Silicone Rubber Seat
- Precision - Delrin Lever for Smooth Effortless Breathing
- High Impact Glass-Filled Polyamide Housing for Rugged Applications
- Co-Molded Mouthpiece: Reduces Jaw Fatigue
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|1'st Stage Type||Mechanically Balanced Flow-By-Piston|
|LP Ports||4 with 3/8 Thread|
|HP Ports||2 with 7/16 Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Yes, Dive/Pre-Dive Venturi Switch|
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes, Up to 40%|
|2'nd Stage Type||Pneumatically Balanced|
|Materials||1'st-Stage: Marine Grade Chrome Plated Brass, 2'nd-Stage: Glass-Filled Polyamide|
|Hose Length||31 (78.75 cm)|
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Love it have 3 older Sherwood magnums have been great regulators got the new Sherwood for my dive on the USS Oriskney, worked flawless excellent regulator