You have no items in your shopping cart.
XS Scuba Faber High Pressure Steel Tanks are of the highest quality steel scuba cylinders available. They are manufactured using a deep draw process with chrome molybdenum steel and an exclusive phosphatized-cleaned internal surface. XS Scuba Faber High Pressure Steel Tanks and Pro Valves are nitrox ready for 40% pre-blended Nitrox (EAN40).
Steel cylinders are heavier than the same capacity aluminum cylinder. This characteristic has many advantages. The heavier construction allows the diver to remove lead weight from their weight belt or integrated weight system of the BCD, allowing the diver to better distribute weight by moving it to the rear of the BCD a great advantage when wearing a back inflation style (Wing) BCD. Steel tanks also remain negatively buoyant during the entire dive, unlike aluminum tanks which change from negatively buoyant when full to positively buoyant as the tank is drained.
The XS Scuba Faber steel cylinders are 3442 psi (237bar) working pressure. They are negatively buoyant from -8.05 lbs. to -9.08 lbs. (-3.65 kg to -4.11 kg) when full and buoyant characteristics from -1.74 lbs. to +1.45 lbs. (-0.79 kg to +0.66 kg) when empty.
The cylinder has standard 3/4"-14 NPSM inlet threads. When shipped the tank valve is not threaded to the cylinder due to shipping regulations. The tank will require a visual inspection and sticker by an authorized service technician before being filled.
All Faber cylinders meet are certified and meet the specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT special permit number 13488 and Transport Canada (TC) with special permit number SU7694-237.
The XS Scuba Faber High Pressure Steel Tank comes standard with XS Scuba’s Pro Valve. Chrome plated and precision machined from high tension brass, the valve is highly durable and resistant to salt and other contaminants. The Pro Valve can be easily converted from Yolk to DIN configuration with the use of a 1/4” hex key wrench. Additionally, the valve handle includes a Safety Wheel, which is a color reference confirming whether the tank valve is open or closed.
- Nitrox ready for 40% pre-blended Nitrox (EAN40)
- Service pressure 3442psi (237bar)
- Weight: From 28.3 lbs. to 42.4 lbs. (13 kg to 19.4 kg)
- Negatively buoyant from -8.05 lbs. to -9.08 lbs. (-3.65 kg to -4.11 kg) when full
- -1.74 lbs. to +1.45 lbs. (-0.79 kg to +0.66 kg) when empty.
- Diameter: From: 7.25" to 8.0" (10cm to 20.3cm)
- Height: From: 20.8" to 26.85" (53cm to 68cm)
- Deep Drawn Chromium Molybdenum Steel
- Triple Protected Zinc Sprayed
- Epoxy & Polyurethane Painted
- Round Bottom Cylinder includes tank boot
- Pro Valve Standard Yoke Outlet w/Spin-Out DIN Insert Converts to 230 bar (3,336 psi) DIN Outlet
- Unique Color-Coded Safety Hand Wheel
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Pressure||3442 psi (237 bar)|
|Diameter||7.25 to 8.0 (10 to 20.3cm)|
|Weight||28.3 to 42.4 lbs (13 to 19.4 kg)|
|Height||20.8 to 26.85 (53 to 68cm)|
|Buoyancy Full||-8.05 to -9.08 lbs (-3.65 to -4.11kg)|
|Nitrox Ready||Up to 40% Oxygen|
|Material||Chromium Molybdenum Steel w/Zinc Sprayed & Epoxy & Polyurethane Paint|
|Type (Yoke, DIN, Convertible)||Convertible|
|Nitrox Ready||Up to 40% Oxygen|
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
XS Scuba Faber High Pressure Steel Tank
I bought two SCUBA cylinders from Scuba.com because they were priced well. They were delivered promptly. But they arrived without a visual inspection sticker on them. I could not get the cylinders filled with air until a VIP was done. This cost $120 which put the total cost to me greater than what I could have purchased them locally for. Scuba.com should either inspect and sticker the cylinders they ship or inform in advance that they will come without an inspection so the purchaser will be aware of the additional cost.
I haven't had a chance to use the tank yet but I can say that it is exactly what I wanted in an 80 cubic ft tank. It is much smaller and lighter than the 80ft tank I had for many years that I finally had to destroy due corrosion. I also greatly appreciated the excellent service that I received from Scuba.com when I order the tank.