You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewHaving a safety back-up air supply has many advantages over a standard alternate air source. The most obvious is that it is a separate air supply and allows self-rescue in an emergency out of air situation. We are taught to stay with our buddy so that in case of an emergency they are right there ready to help us. Next time you make a dive count the times your buddy is further than arm's length from you. You will be surprised that they are much further away more often then you may think. Spare-Air gives you a major advantage over an alternate air source when an emergency arises. Having something to breathe from while you are swimming to your buddy, and then, getting their attention while they have their head in a hole watching a lobster can take several breaths or more of air.
A skydiver wears a reserve parachute; a Scuba diver should have a reserve breathing system. For over 35 years Spare Air supplied divers with the smallest, most-compact redundant system available for out-of-air emergencies. The patented Spare Air should be a standard piece of Scuba diving equipment for the safety minded diver. In an out-of-air emergency, why would you trust your life to anything else?
The complete system is available in two-cylinder sizes. Kits includes holster, safety leash, easy refill adapter, so you can fill directly off your own Scuba cylinder. Also included is an owner's manual. You can also purchase each cylinder size separately (see selection menu above).
3.0 cu. ft. System:
Tested and approved, Spare Air is a totally self-contained 3000 psi (207 bars) 3.0 cu. ft. (85 liter), refillable backup air system that's small and easy to use. It was designed to get you to the surface in the event of an emergency; yet, it is small enough to not even know you are wearing it! Spare Air is easy to use and maintain, just put it in your mouth and breathe. So, give yourself that extra edge of safety with Spare Air. The cylinder measures (L x Dia.) 13.4" x 2.25" (34cm x 5.71cm), weighs 2.17 lbs. (985 g) and when full provides approximately 57 surface breaths. Available with black or blue cylinder.
6.0 cu. ft. System:
Now, available with a 6.0 cu. ft. cylinder. Provides twice the amount of air over the standard 3.0 cu. ft Spare Air. Weighing under 4 lbs. (1.8 kg) it is the lightest weight system on the market. Priced competitively compared to other similar systems. The 6.0 cubic foot (170 liters) cylinder measures (L x Dia.)13.5" x 3.25" (34 cm x 8.3 cm) has a service pressure of 3000 psi (207 bars), weighs 3.7 lbs. (1.7 kg) when full and provides approximately 114 surface breaths. Available with black or blue cylinder.
Note: All Spare Air cylinders meet certificated specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AA specification and Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3AAM specifications. Spare Air comes with an owner's manual, holster, and safety leash.
- Easy to Travel With!!
- Easy to Wear!
- Easy to Refill!
- Easy to Hand-Off to Fellow Diver in Trouble!
- Perfect Addition to Dive System
- Allows Self Rescue in Emergency Out-of-Air-Situation
- Includes Refill Adapter
- Holster and Safety Leash
- Owner's Manual
- Completely Redundant Alternate Air Source:
Safety Back-Up Air Supply
Many Advantages Over Standard Alternate Air Source
Allows Self Rescue in Emergency Out-of-Air-Situation
- Refillable Backup Air System, Small & Easy to Use
- Designed to Get-You-to-Surface in Event of an Emergency
- Easy-to-Use and Maintain, Just Put-In-Mouth and Breathe
- 3.0 cu. ft. System:
- 3000 psi (200 bars) 3.0 cu. ft. (85 liter) of Air
- Cylinder Dimensions: (L x Dia.) 13.4 x 2.25 (34cm x 5.71cm)
- Weight: 2.17 lbs. (985 g)
- 6.0 cu. ft. System:
- 3000 psi (200 bars) 6.0 cu. ft. (170 liter) of Air
- Cylinder Dimensions: (L x Dia.) 13.5 x 3.25 (34cm x 8.3cm)
- Weight: 3.7 lbs. (1.7 kg)
Cylinders Meet Certificated Specifications of US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AA
Meet Specification of Transport Canada Safety & Security (TC) w/TC-3AAM
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Pressure||3,000 psi (200 bar)|
|Diameter||3.0 Cylinder: 2.25 (5.71cm)
6.0 Cylinder: 3.25 (8.3cm)
|Weight||3.0 Cylinder: 2.17 lbs. (985 g)
6.0 Cylinder: 3.7 lbs. (1.7 kg)
|Height||3.0 Cylinder: 13.4 (34cm)
6.0 Cylinder: 13.5 (34cm)
|Type||Down Stream Demand|