You have no items in your shopping cart.
Faber Hot Dip Galvanized High Pressure Steel Tank
Product OverviewIf you are not using steel cylinders, try to use one and you will soon realize what you have been missing. Faber can offer you the most comprehensive range of cylinders for scuba diving. Every year Faber produce and sell around the world 100.000 cylinders for scuba diving (out of 600.000 in totals). No other manufacturer in the world can match their capabilities and the breadth of their range. Faber Tanks and valves are nitrox ready.
Cylinders come equipped with a DIN/K type valve that easily converts back and forth depending on the type of first stage regulator to be used in conjunction with the cylinder increasing the versatility of the tank. The Tanks are equipped with Faber's Valve. The construction allows the diver to remove lead weight from their weight belt or integrated weight system of the BCD, allowing the diver to better distribute weight by moving it to the rear of the BCD a great advantage when wearing a back inflation style (Wing) BCD.
Aluminum cylinders, as we breathe the weight of air from them, create positive buoyancy at or near the end of a dive. The steel cylinder with its negative buoyancy throughout the dive allows you to shed the excess lead that is required to keep you properly trimmed while you dive an aluminum cylinder. Faber HP cylinders have a round bottom and come equipped with a cylinder boot.
The Faber cylinders are 3442 psi (237 bar) working pressure cylinders, negatively buoyant from -8.05 lbs. to -9.08 lbs. (-3.65 kg to -4.12 kg) when full and are negatively buoyant from -1.74 lbs. to +1.45 lbs. (-0.8 kg to +0.66 kg) when empty. Cylinders are made from deep drawn chromium molybdenum steel and hot dip galvanized. When shipped the tanks valves will be removed and the tank will require re-inspection before being filled Note:
All Faber cylinders meet certificated specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT special permit number 13488 and Transport Canada (TC) with special permit number SU7694-237.
Steel Cylinder Hydro Dates:
Blue Steel the Distributor of Faber tanks makes every effort to ship the newest possible hydro date on all cylinders. However, due to high manufacturing quantities on various models, fluctuating sales volumes due to market conditions, hydro inventory will very. Cylinders shipped within 16 months of Manufacture date are considered "current hydro"
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40%
- Most Widely Sold Cylinder Type
- Great Buoyancy Characteristics:
Buoyancy Full: From -8.05 lbs. to -9.08 lbs. (-3.65 kg to -4.12 kg), Size Dependent
Buoyancy Empty: From -1.74 lbs. to +1.45 lbs. (-0.8 kg to +0.66 kg)
Buoyancy Better for Back Inflation Style BCD's (Wings)
Shed the Lead
- Better Weight Distribution
- Most Sizes Equipped w/Cylinder Boot
- 3442 psi (237 bar) Working Pressure
- Weight: From 28.6 lbs. to 42.7 lbs. (12.97 kg to 19.37 kg)
- Diameter: From: 7.24 to 8.02 (18.39cm to 20.37cm)
- Height: From: 20.87 to 26.78 (53cm to 68cm)
Deep Drawn Chromium Molybdenum Steel
Hot Dip Galvanized
Round Bottom Cylinder
All Faber Cylinders Meet Certificated Specifications of US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AA
Meet Specification of the Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3AAM
- Valve: Faber DIN/K Convertible Valve
Yoke or DIN
Heavy Duty Design
Smooth Operating Valve Mechanism
High Flow Capacity Valve
Chrome Plated Marine Brass
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Pressure||3442 psi (237 bar)|
|Buoyancy Full||-8.05 to -9.08 lbs (-3.65 to -4.12kg)|
|Cylinder Nitrox Ready||Yes|
|Material||Chromium Molybdenum Steel w/Hot Dip Galvanized|
|Capacities||80 cu. ft.. (10.2 liters)
100 cu. ft. (12.9 liters)
117 cu. ft. (15 liters)
120 cu. ft. (15.3 liters)
133 cu. ft. (17 liters)
|Diameter||7.2 to 8.02 (18.3 to 20.37cm)|
|Height||20.8 to 26.7 (53 to 68cm)|
|Weight||28.6 lbs to 42.7 lbs (12.9kg to 19.3kg)|
|Type (Yoke, DIN, Convertible)||Convertible|
|Valve Material||Marine Grade Chromed Brass|
|Nitrox Ready||Yes, Up to 40%|