You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewThe Mares Air Control Inflator replaces the conventional BC power inflator and second stage octopus by combining the functions of both into a single unit. When you're taught how to dive you are given practice in buoyancy control more than any other skill. Once you start to dive every time you go underwater, fin the reef, or surface you use buoyancy control. All this time your octopus second stage regulator hangs un-used and out of mind. When a real life out-of-air situation occurs, the stress and anxiety mounts, and you find yourself fumbling for a piece of equipment you never use the Octopus! Combining your inflator devise (that you use on every dive) with your octopus Regulator assures your ability to react properly when an out-of-air emergency occurs. Be a safe diver with the Mares Air Control Breathable Inflator.
The pre-oriented mouthpiece makes it usable as a quick and easy octopus. The cover features the mesh-grid system, made of soft material so the purge button is easy to push, even when wearing gloves. The patented mesh design of the second stage cover reduces the pressure of water flowing onto the regulators diaphragm and minimizes free-flow. Even in a strong current it eliminates the need for a knob to de-tune your air delivery system- advance technology through basic physics.
All Mares second stages are a reliable downstream valve design and offer the unique patented Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) system. The air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths. It complies with EC standards and can be assembled easily on any inflator hose. Regulator comes with a 29.5" (75cm) long Superflex hose, with 3/8" threads. The Mares Air Control Breathable Inflator is Nitrox ready up to 40% out of the box.
- Increased Safety in Out-of-Air Emergencies
- Just One Hose for½:Octopus½:and Inflator
- Second Stage Regulator & Inflator-In-Single, Compact Housing
- Ergonomic Shape
- Pre-Oriented Mouthpiece Makes-It-Easy to Use
- Patented Mesh Grid Cover
- Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) System
Air Bypass Tube Conveys Air to Mouthpiece Creating Swirling Vortex
Low-Pressure Area Center Keeps Diaphragm Down During Inhalation
Very Sensitive and Easy Breathing At-All-Depths
- Simple, Yet Reliable Classic Downstream Demand Valve Design
- One-Hand Operation for Instinctive & Simple Operation
- Add Safety to Diving
- Meets EC Standards
- Easy to Install-On-BCD
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40% Oxygen Out-of-the-Box
- Weight: 8.5 oz. (241 g)
- Hose: 3/8 Thread High Flow Superflex 29.5 (75cm)
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes, Up to 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type||Downstream Demand|
|Materials||Plastic, Silicone Rubber|
|Hose Length||29.5 (75cm)|
|Total Weight||8.5 oz. (241 g)|
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
When I purchased this BC, I was concerned about the locking system for the weight pouches. It only has one lock with no backup system. Sure enough, the handle got bumped and I lost one pouch. I tried to order another from SCUBA.com. They were very non-supportive and could not not help me. I do like this BC for the rings and the lumbar pad. This is a good BC for my commercial diving with one important flaw. I have an Oceanic BC also that has velcro keeper as well as the lock device. This system is much better.