You have no items in your shopping cart.
JW Fishers Pulse 8X Metal Detector & Under Water ConnectorIncludes the Coil Wire
Product OverviewFishers top of the line hand held metal detector:
The Pulse 8X is the highest performance pulse induction metal detector on the market today. It's the choice of the Pro's! The Pulse 8X is in use by military, law enforcement, commercial, and salvage divers worldwide. Heavy duty construction makes this detector ideal for commercial applications and the preferred detector of many professional treasure hunters.
The claim-to-fame of this pulse induction metal detector is its ability to ignore mineralization in the environment while maintaining high sensitivity to all metal targets. The Pulse 8X is not affected by highly mineralized salt water, coral, rocks with a high iron content, or magnetic (black) sand; all of which drive conventional detectors crazy . Also, the detection range is unaffected by the medium between the metal detector and the metal target. Performance does not change whether detecting through air, water, silt, sand, or solid coral. The Pulse 8X comes with all the accessories needed to use the detector on land or dive to 200' (60 meters) deep.
The Pulse 8X detects all metals from coins and jewelry, to anchors and cannons. The diver is alerted to presence of a metal target by both visual readout (shown on the meter) and an audio output (heard in the underwater earphone Powered by an internal 9 volt rechargeable battery pack, the detector will easily run all day on a full charge. Recharge the battery overnight and its ready for another full day of hunting. The "underwater connector on coil wire" option SKU: JWFUWC allows the standard 7.5" (190.5mm) coil to be detached from the detector's electronics housing so any of the optional coils can be attached (see SKU's: JWF48C, JWF10, JWF18). The 16" (406mm). Coil has a very wide detection area and is excellent for large targets such as cannons, pipelines, anchors or outboard motors. It is in wide spread use by law enforcement for locating guns underwater.
The optional coils greatly increase the versatility and enhance the capabilities of the detector. For instance, there are two coil s designed for boat deployment. Sit in the boat with the detector's electronics unit, put the coil with its 100' (30.5 meter) cable over the side, and you can search for anchors, cannons, outboard motors, etc. Attach the 16" (406mm) coil with its short diver handle and you can cover an area quickly when searching for those larger targets. One detector with a few different coils can do the work of two or three different detectors. The Pulse 8X can be used on land, dive to 200' (61 meters) depths, or deployed from a boat.
The detector's buoyancy is slightly negative in the water. This allows the diver to sit the detector on the bottom to dig a target without having it float away, which is a problem with positive buoyancy" detectors. The underwater housing is a single solid casting with 1/4" (6.35mm) wall thickness and molded-in brass inserts. A 1/2"(12.7mm) thick acrylic faceplate is fastened down with six stainless steel screws giving a maximum depth rating in excess of 200' (60 meters). Included with the Pulse 8X is a rugged corduroy carry case, spare parts kit owners' manual and a J.W. Fishers Search Team hat.
- Commercial Grade Construction
- Full Meter Readout
- Audio Jack with Detachable Headphones
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Optional Interchangeable Coils (see SKU's: JWF48C, JWF10, JWF18)
- Extremely Sensitive
- Equally Sensitive in Salt, Fresh, or On-Land
- Will-Not Detect Minerals
- Detects all Metals
- Large Meter and U/W Earphone
- 200' (60 meters) Depth Rating
- Low, Medium and High Sensitivity Switch
- Detects Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals
- Detection Indicated both Meter and Earphone
- Separate Handles for Land and Underwater
- Includes 7.5 (190.5mm) Coil
- Belt-Holder for Hip Mounting the Control Unit
- LED Battery Low
- 120vac and 12vdc Battery Chargers
- Corduroy Carry Case
- Spare Parts Kit
- Negative Buoyancy
- Owner's Manual
- J.W. Fishers Search Team Hat
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Materials||Case: High Impact Urethane, Acrylic with Brass and Stainless Steel Hardware, Cable: RG58 Coax, Coil: ABS/Epoxy|
|Dimensions||U/W Handle 31 (79.4cm), Land Handle 38 (96.5cm), Case 7.5 L x 5.5 W x 4 H (19.6cm x 14cm x 10.2cm)|
|Weight||8.25 lbs. (3.7 kg)|
|Depth Rating||200' (60 meters)|
|Coil Dimensions||Diameter: 7.5 (190.5mm)|
|Detection Area||12 (30.5cm)|
|Detection Depth||5 to 6' (12.7cm to 183cm) Target Size Dependent|
|Power||9 Volt Rechargeable Battery|
|Visual Signal||Yes, Target Meter and Low Battery LED|