You have no items in your shopping cart.
JW Fisher s SAR-1 Search and Recovery Metal Detector
Product OverviewJW Fishers SAR-1 was specifically designed for military, law enforcement and public safety dive teams to locate metallic objects in low visibility environments. The snare less SAR-1 has a streamlined design with no external wires or cables which makes this detector the ideal tool for work in environments with potential entanglement hazards.
The SAR-1 has both visual (ten ultra-bright LEDs) and sensory (vibration) target indicators. When the detector approaches a metal object the handle begins to vibrate and a few of the LEDS illuminate. As the bright yellow search coil gets closer to the target, the vibration becomes more rapid and more of the high intensity red LEDs light up. The number of LEDs that illuminate is helpful determining the size and burial depth of the target. Small targets may only illuminate 2 or 3 LEDs whereas larger targets will light up the complete display.
The SAR-1 works equally well in fresh or salt water, and detects a variety of targets including shell casings, handguns, rifles, shotguns, knives, UXO, mines, and any type of explosive device containing metal. The unit will also detect large targets (such as automobile or aluminum boat) up to 6' (1.83m). This high-performance Pulse Induction metal detector detects both ferrous and nonferrous metal objects, while ignoring minerals in the environment. The detector will not give false signals from salt water, coral, high iron rocks, or other ground mineralization, as some other types of detectors do. As with all JWF detectors, the detection range is not affected by the material between the search coil and the metal target. Whether detecting through air, water, silt, sand, mud, or rock, the detection range remains the same.
The SAR-1 detector is constructed of corrosion proof materials and comes with AC and DC battery chargers, and a carry bag. Rechargeable batteries power the detector for 12 hours before requiring an overnight recharge. Batteries can be easily field replaced to allow around the clock operation. Unlike some other detectors, the electronics compartment can be opened for inspection or battery replacement without voiding the warranty. The SAR-1 has a 200' (61m) depth rating, is slightly negative underwater, weighs 5.4 lbs. (2.45 kg) on land and with attached coil is 35" (89cm). Includes an owner's manual.
- Specifically Designed for Military, Law Enforcement & Public Safety Dive Teams
- Locate Metallic Objects In Low Visibility Environments
- Snare-Less SAR-1: Streamlined Design w/No External Wires or Cables
- Ideal Tool for Work In Environments w/Potential Entanglement Hazards
- Visual (ten ultra-bright LEDs) & Sensory (vibration) Target Indicators
- Detector Approaches Metal Object Handle Vibrates & Few of the LEDS Illuminate
- Search Coil Closer to Target: Vibration More Rapid & More High Intensity Red LEDs Light Up
- Number of LEDs Illuminated Helps Determining Size & Burial Depth of Target
- Small Targets Illuminate 2 or 3 LEDs, Larger Targets Light-Up Complete Display
- Works Equally Well In Fresh or Salt Water
- Type Targets:
Shell Casings, Handguns, Rifles, Shotguns
Knives, UXO, Mines
Any Type of Explosive Device Containing Metal
- Detects Large Targets (Automobile or Aluminum Boat) Up to 6' (1.83m)
- High-Performance Pulse Induction Metal Detector
- Detects Ferrous & Nonferrous Metal Objects
- Ignores Minerals In Environment
- Won't Give False Signals from Salt Water, Coral, High Iron Rocks, or Ground Mineralization
- Detection Range Not Affected by Material Between Search Coil & Metal Target
- Air, Water, Silt, Sand, Mud, or Rock, Detection Range Remains the Same
- Detector Constructed of Corrosion Proof Materials
- Comes w/AC & DC Battery Chargers
- Rechargeable Batteries: Power Detector for 12-Hours, Requires Overnight Recharge
- Batteries Easily Field Replaced: Allows Around the Clock Operation
- Depth Rating: 200' (61m)
- Slightly Negatively Buoyant Underwater
- Weight (On Land): 5.4 lbs. (2.45 kg)
- Dimensions: 35 (89cm) w/Attached Coil
- Includes Carry Bag & Owner's Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Materials||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Dimensions||35 (89cm) w/Attached Coil|
|Weight||5.4 lbs. (2.45 kg), On Land|
|Depth Rating||200' (61m)|
|Detection Depth||3.5 to 6' (9cm to 1.83m)|