You have no items in your shopping cart.
J.W. Fisher's Diver MAG 1 Metal Detector
Product OverviewThe Diver MAG 1 is the highest performance diver-held ferrous metal detector on the market today:
The Diver MAG 1 is a top performing microprocessor driven marine magnetometer detection system with one gamma sensitivity and 1500' (457 meters) detection range. This hand-held MAG is a super sensitive detector of ferrous metal (iron/steel) that works equally well on land and underwater. The MAG will locate pipe lines, cables, cannons, dredge parts, and just about any ferrous metal object of any size. Ruggedly constructed for commercial operations, the Diver MAG 1 was designed with user friendly controls for ease of operation. Out of the water, the handle grip and included shoulder strap make the MAG easy to carry
Operator selectable cycle times (how often a reading is taken) of 2, 5, or 10 seconds allow for a strong return signal and a fast response to detect even small targets. An adjustable sensitivity switch makes pinpointing even the largest of targets extremely easy. The Diver MAG 1 features a tri-axial noise-canceling sensor that let the MAG be held in any position without affecting sensitivity or stability of the readout. The readout is displayed on an easy to see 5 digits LED for murky water or night operations. In addition, an audio output allows the diver to operate the system without the need to watch the LED display. Easy to maneuver with operator adjustable buoyancy, the Diver MAG 1 can be used anywhere in the world.
Power is supplied by an internal 12-volt rechargeable battery that will last for two continuous hours at the 5 second cycle time. Increase the operating time by using the optional belt mounted spare battery pack. The included battery charger connects to any 120 ac voltage source (220 ac charger is optional).
The Diver MAG 1 is constructed of corrosion proof urethane and PVC to give many years of trouble free performance comes with a carry case and is depth rated to 200' (60 meters). Modular construction allows for easy field repair, should it ever be necessary. At the rear electronics housing is the Control Panel. On this panel are all the necessary controls and indicators for operation of the system. The switches and indicators are:
A five-digit LED readout that displays the gamma reading. The readout is illuminated which makes it easy to see in murky water or at night.
A four position switch allows the sensitivity to be reduced once a target area is located. The target can then be easily pinpointed.
A three position switch is used to select a cycle time of 2, 5, or 10 seconds. This switch controls how often a reading is taken. The 2 second time is used when looking for small targets. The longer cycle times can be used to extend the battery life.
A control knob adjusts the audio frequency in the earphone. When a target is detected the frequency shifts indicating the presence of ferrous metal.
Land or underwater earphones can be connected to the Diver Mag 1.
Low Battery Indicator
An LED that illuminates when the battery needs recharging.
An LED that illuminates if any moisture enters the electronics housings. An audio alarm will also sound. The complete system comes with an owner's manual.
- Designed to Locate & Track Deeply Buried Power & Communications Cables
- Locates Faults (breaks) in Cables
- Works on Land or Underwater
- Audio and LED Visual Output
- 200' (60 meters) Depth Capability for Probe
- Rechargeable Ni-Cad Batteries included (or use 6-AA Batteries)
- 120 VAC and 12 VDC Chargers Included
- Signal Injector Frequencies: 25Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, and 1,024Hz
- Switchable Receiver Probe Frequencies: 25Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, and 1,024Hz
- Leak Detection Circuitry with LED Warning
- Low Battery LED Warning
- Visual and Audio Target Indicators
- Detect Cables Air or Water 15' to 80' (4.57 meters to 24.4 meters), Conditions Depending
Probe: PVC, Urethane
Signal Injector Box: Urethane
- Probe Dimensions: (L x Dia.) 22 x 4 (55.9 cm x 10.15 cm)
- Signal Injector Box Dimensions: (L x W x D) 13 x 12 x 8 (33 cm x 30.5 cm x 20.32 cm)
- Weight Probe: 9 lbs. (4.1 kg)
- Weight Signal Injector Box: 20 lbs. (9.1 kg)
- Probe Buoyancy: Negative 6 oz. (170.1 g)
- Owner's Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Materials||Urethane and PVC|
|Dimensions||(L x Dia.): 44 x 6 (111.75cm x 15.25cm)|
|Depth Rating||200' (60 meters)|
|Detection Depth||Distance: 12' to 1,500' (3.66 meter to 457 meters), Target Size Dependent|
|Power||12 Volt Rechargeable Battery|
|Audio Signal||Yes, Target and Moisture|
|Visual Signal||Yes, Target Depth, Low Battery Indicator|