You have no items in your shopping cart.
J.W. Fisher's CT-1 Cable Tracker
Product OverviewJW Fishers CT-1 cable tracking system was specifically designed to locate, and track deeply buried power and communications cables. The cable tracker will locate cables on land or underwater. The CT-1 will not only track cables, but also identify faults or break points that are exposed to water.
The CT-1 system consists of a shore-based Signal Injector box and the Cable Tracker Probe. The Signal Injector is connected to the shore end of the cable and the Cable Tracker Probe is used to track the electromagnetic signal along the length of the cable. A 25 Hz or 1,024 Hz signal is induced into the cable. The operator carries or swims with the Cable Tracker Probe along the length of cable receiving the transmitted signal. Typically, the lower frequency 25 Hz signal is initially used to locate the cable as it can be detected from greater distances.
Once the approximate location of the cable is determined the 1,024 frequency is used to precisely pinpoint the exact location of the cable. When searching for power cables or multi-conductor communications cables, it is not generally necessary to use the Signal Injector as the Probe can detect the frequency of the AC signal (50, 60, or 1024 Hz.). A switch on the Probe allows the operator to select the frequency.
So effective is the Cable Tracker 1 system at tracking and pinpointing cables that in many cases the cable can be located and tracked in shallow water from a small boat on the surface. The operator places the nose of the probe in the water and sweeps it back and forth until the signal is received. Once the cable is located it can easily be tracked from the surface. If necessary, a diver can be deployed to precisely pinpoint the cable position.
The CT-1 cable tracking system is so effective that in many cases the cable can be located and tracked from a small boat on the surface as the operator holds the nose of the probe in the water. Power is supplied by six internal AA rechargeable batteries that will power the CT-1 probe for 2-3 hours. The included battery charger connects to any 120AC voltage source (a 220AC charger transformer is optional). Disposable alkaline batteries can also be used to power the Probe. The CT-1 is constructed of corrosion proof urethane and PVC to give many years of trouble free performance. The modular construction allows for easy field repair should it ever be necessary.
- Designed to Locate & Track Deeply Buried Power & Communications Cables
- Locates Faults (breaks) in Cables
- Works on Land or Underwater
- Audio and LED Visual Output
- 200' (60 meters) Depth Capability for Probe
- Rechargeable Ni-Cad Batteries included (or use 6-AA Batteries)
- 120 VAC and 12 VDC Chargers Included
- Signal Injector Frequencies: 25Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, and 1,024Hz
- Switchable Receiver Probe Frequencies: 25Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, and 1,024Hz
- Leak Detection Circuitry with LED Warning
- Low Battery LED Warning
- Visual and Audio Target Indicators
- Detect Cables Air or Water 15' to 80' (4.57 meters to 24.4 meters), Conditions Depending
Probe: PVC, Urethane
Signal Injector Box: Urethane
- Probe Dimensions: (L x Dia.) 22 x 4 (55.9 cm x 10.15 cm)
- Signal Injector Box Dimensions: (L x W x D) 13 x 12 x 8 (33 cm x 30.5 cm x 20.32 cm)
- Weight Probe: 9 lbs. (4.1 kg)
- Weight Signal Injector Box: 20 lbs. (9.1 kg)
- Probe Buoyancy: Negative 6 oz. (170.1 g)
- Owner's Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Materials||Probe: PVC, Urethane, Signal Injector Box: Urethane|
|Dimensions||Probe: (L x Dia.) 22 x 4 (55.9cm x 10.15cm), Signal Injector Box: (L x W x D) 13 x 12 x 8 (33cm x 30.5cm x 20.32cm)|
|Weight||Probe: 9lbs (4.1kg), Signal Injector Box: 20lbs (9.1kg)|
|Depth Rating||200' (60 meters)|
|Buoyancy||Slightly Negative -6oz (170.1g)|
|Detection Depth||15' to 80' (4.57 meters to 24.4 meters) Depending On Conditions|
|Power||Porbe: 6 AA Rechargeable Batteries, Signal Injector Box: 120VAC|
|Audio Signal||Probe: Yes, Headphone|
|Visual Signal||Probe: Yes, Target LED's, Charge LED and Low Battery LED, Signal Injector Box: Power LED|