You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewCompact, reliable, and performance are the key words for describing this new Mares first stage. Featuring the DFC system, it meets all divers' demands at any depth. The new valve guarantees longevity and advanced performance. A medium-size second stage is made of ultra-light techno-polymer. The large purge button is effortless to use while wearing gloves. The VAD system delivers excellent and natural breathing at any depth. The super-flex hose is light and flexible for maximum comfort.
The chrome plated marine brass first stage regulator is a balanced diaphragm design which is inherently environmentally sealed. The diaphragm membrane transmits the pressure changes to the internal mechanism eliminating the need for the surrounding water to enter the intricate mechanism. The benefit of this type of first stage design is that none of the internal parts are exposed to contaminants such as salt, sand, chlorine or pool acids. These environmental contaminants cause corrosion and mineral deposits to form on the internal mechanism deteriorating regulator performance. The Prestige15X uses A.C.T. Advanced Coating Technology. This patented technology created to optimize performance, safety and reliability. The valve is covered with a hard Polyurethane (PU) and the sealing surface is a layered with a soft PU for a perfect seal. Tri-material (brass, soft PU and heavy-duty" PU) reaches new levels of durability. The new valve is 600% more durable than its predecessor.
Another unique feature of the first-stage is the dynamic flow control (DFC). The DFC system minimizes the intermediate pressure drop during inhalation. The Prestige15X first stage guarantees a stable flow of air, even under extreme conditions. The First Stage is equipped with 4 LP ports with 3/8" and 2 HP 7/16" ports for attachment of a Pressure Gauge or Air Integrated Console.
The second stage Vortex Assist Design (V.A.D.) system: the air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low-pressure area in the center this keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, giving very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths. The second stage cover features the new "mesh-grid" system for water inflow and outflow, which provides a further performance improvement. The compact and ergonomic exhaust tee ensures superior hydrodynamic performance and reduced exhalation resistance. Mares Prestige second stage incorporates the Fluid Dynamic Deflector, which is engineered to receive and properly direct the airflow from the bypass tube to the mouthpiece. Combined with the VAD system it delivers very natural and effortless breathing. All enclosed in a lightweight Techno-Polymer housing. Regulator has the super flex hose. Hose is extremely light weight and exceptionally soft, guaranteeing the maximum freedom of movement and reducing jaw fatigue. Super flex hose has 3/8" Threads and is 31.5" (80cm) in length. The regulator weighs 34 oz. (965 g).
The Prestige is a mid-size octopus with a stylish design, strengthened by technology to give steady, natural and effortless breathing. All Mares second stages are a reliable downstream valve design and offer the unique patented Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) system. The air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low-pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
Furthermore, the compact and ergonomic exhaust tee ensures superior hydrodynamic performance and reduced exhalation resistance. The mouthpiece is made of soft hypoallergenic silicone: limiting jaw fatigue and offering a secure fit even after very long dives. Mares Octopus Prestige incorporates the Fluid Dynamic Deflector, developed after in-depth studies and tests of fluid dynamics, is engineered to receive and properly direct the airflow from the bypass tube to the mouthpiece. Combined with the VAD system it delivers very natural and effortless breathing. Mares developed the Superflex hose after many years of testing and research. The results achieved far surpassed the tests required by EN250. Hose is extremely light weight and exceptionally soft, guaranteeing the maximum freedom of movement and further reducing jaw fatigue. The regulator comes with a high visibility yellow cover and Superflex hose that is a 3/8" threaded high flow hose and is 39.4" (100cm) in length. The regulators total weight is 13.33 oz. (378 g).
- Complete Regulator w/Octopus
- Mares Prestige 15X Regulator:
- Compact, Reliable, & Performance
- Great Regulator System for Travel
- Weight: 34 oz. (965 g)
- Hose: 31.5 (80cm), 3/8 Thread, Super-Flex
- First-Stage: Mares 15X
- Balanced Diaphragm
- DFC System
- Chromed Marine Grade Brass
- Inherently Environmentally Sealed Design
- Design Provides Protection from Sand, Salt, Chlorine, Pool Acid & Contaminants
- Pre-Oriented Pressure Ports
- A.C.T. Advanced Coating Tri-Material Valve Technology
- 4 LP and 2 HP Ports
- Second Stage: Mares Prestige
- Soft Purge Diaphragm w/Mesh-Grid
- Mid-Size & Stylish
- Vortex Assist Design (V.A.D.) System
- Dependable Downstream Demand Valve Design
- Fluid Dynamic Deflector
- Very Natural & Effortless Breathing
- Hose & Mouthpiece: Reduced Jaw Fatigue
- Mares Prestige Octopus:
- Noncorrosive Techno-Polymer Housing
- Mid-Size Octopus w/Stylish Design
- Strengthened by Technology to Give Steady, Natural & Effortless Breathing
- Lightweight Techno Polymer Housing
- Compact Exhaust Tee: Superior Hydrodynamic Performance & Reduced Exhalation Resistance
- Vortex Assist Design (V.A.D.) System
Air Bypass Tube Conveys Air to Mouthpiece Creating Swirling Vortex
Low-Pressure Area Center Keeps Diaphragm Down During Inhalation
Very Sensitive & Easy Breathing At-All-Depths
- Fluid Dynamic Deflector: Direct Airflow from Bypass Tube to Mouthpiece
- 39.4 (100cm) Superflex Hose with 3/8 Threads
- Soft Hypoallergenic Silicone Mouthpiece
- Dependable Downstream Valve Design
- Weight: 13.33 oz. (378 g), w/Hose
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|1'st Stage Type||Balanced Diaphragm|
|LP Ports||Four 3/8 Threaded UNF|
|HP Ports||Two 7/16 Threaded UNF|
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes, Up to 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type||Downstream Demand|
|Materials||First Stage: Chromed Brass
Second Stage: Techno-Polymer & Polyurethane
|Hose Length||Primary: 31.5 (80cm)
Octopus: 39.4 (100cm)
|Total Weight||Primary w/o Hose: 34 oz. (965 g)
Octopus w/o Hose: 13.76 oz. (390 g)
Mares Prestige 15X and Prestige Octopus Package
Outstanding price, value, quality & service on sale.
Excellent easy breathing smooth air flow