You have no items in your shopping cart.
Mares Avanti Quattro-Plus Open Heel Fin
|US Men's Shoe Size||6-9||9-11||11-13|
|US Women's Shoe Size||7-10||10-12||12-14|
|Product Weight (lbs per pair)||4.2||4.75||5.2|
|Blade length (in)|
These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at scuba we offer our exclusive PFF Guaranty
The Mares Avanti Quattro Open Heel Fin has been the most successful in scuba diving for the last 20 years. Appropriate for all diving conditions, the Avanti Quattro Plus Open Heel Fin was redesigned for even greater proficiency with more responsive material that allows for greater channel formation. The result is a more comfortable kick while improving overall performance. The channel formation is created through the blade’s four (Quattro) ribs that cause it to arch while finning. By improving the channel formation, more water is displaced in the proper direction. Fin operation is smoother and the enhanced energy transmission (foot-foot pocket interface) is measureable. The new materials are the result of technological improvements in manufacturing and design. The stabilizing trim tabs improve stability and eliminate the ankle twisting phenomena. The anatomical foot pocket conveys more power to the blade. Countless computer simulations and field tests were performed until the Quattro+ was perfected.
Included within the improvements of the Avanti Quattro-Plus Open Heel Fins is Mares’ bungee strap system. The introduction of bungee straps with the Quattro Plus fins provide several benefits. There is no need for adjustment each time the fin is worn because the bungee provides a perfect fit each time even when different boots are worn. Dramatically easier to don and doff, the diver no longer needs to release buckles or loosen adjustable straps. This allows for simple entry and exits whether boat or beach diving. The bungee straps also compensate for depth compression. Inevitably, due to water pressure, even neoprene boots will compress. The bungee straps will remain secure, no matter the depth automatically.
The Mares Avanti Quattro-Plus Open Heel Fins are available in a wide range of colors. In addition to black, highly visible colors are offered. This provides improved identification even while underwater and allows for fun, fashionable color choices.
- Exceed the Established Performance of Traditional Model
- New Composite Materials, Optimize Efficiency
- Greater Responsiveness & Thrusting Power
- New Bungee Strap System
- Straps Equipped w/Large Grasp-Loops for Easy Donning & Doffing
- Proven Channel Thrust Technology
- Versatile & Ideal In-All Diving Conditions
- Stabilizers Improve Stability & Eliminating Ankle Twisting Phenomena
- Anatomical Foot Pocket Conveys More Power to Blade
- Greater Thrusting Power w/Same Effort
- Blade Length: 15" (38cm)
- Weights: 32 oz. (907 g)
- Blade Thrust Surface Area: 120.9 cu. in. (780 cu. cm)
- Note: Length, Weight & Blade Thrust Surface Area, Size Regular
- Available in Multiple Sizes & Colors
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Materials||Tecralene, Thermoplastic Rubber|
|Dimensions||Blade Length: 15 (38cm), Size Regular|
|Open Heel/Full Foot||Open Heel|
|Weight||31.75 oz. (900 g), Size Regular|
|Blade Thrust Surface Area||120.9 cu. in. (780 cu. cm.)|
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Light fin great for diving and snorkeling! Easy to don and powerful!
They work great when paired with the mares boot