You have no items in your shopping cart.
Ikelite U/W Housing for Panasonic Lumix ZS70/TZ90 Digital
Product OverviewA full featured and durable underwater housing for Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 and DC-TZ90 digital cameras. Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water. The Panasonic DC-ZS70 (DC-TZ90) is a popular choice for surface travel photography because of its 30X zoom lens and 4K/UHD video recording. A sharp Leica lens, 20MP BSI-CMOS sensor, improved autofocus capabilities, and customizable control set make it a solid choice for underwater photography (cameras not included).
Ergonomics and Handling:This compact and lightweight housing allows you to operate your Panasonic Lumix camera up to depths of 200' (60 meters). It is designed and built in the USA by experienced divers with a commitment to providing top quality and value. Large, easy-to-reach controls are provided for all camera functions. Soft-touch knobs are easy to grip with or without gloves on and provide quick access to important controls including front and rear dials and the mode control. Rear controls are marked with easy-to-see laser engraved symbols which never fade or fall off. A trigger-type shutter lever control is designed for optimal sensitivity and a natural motion when shooting underwater. The standard control hugs the side of the housing for comfortable use when hand holding. The shutter trigger may be easily extended using the optional Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 for more comfortable reach when using a handle grip. The front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze. The camera mounting plate allows ready access to the battery and memory card and features a standard 1/4-20 mounting point for attachment to a tripod topside.
Wide angle and Macro Close-Up:
The optional WD-4 Wide Angle Dome # 6430.4 provides a wider angle of view underwater without the edge distortion, heaviness, or difficult attachment typically associated with an external wide-angle lens. The WD-4 is a 0.75x magnification factor and simply slides on and off the housing's lens port. A press-fit Macro Adapter # 9306.78 is available for the attachment of 67mm threaded accessory macro lenses. Ikelite recommend a macro lens which is designed for underwater use like those from Epoque, INON, Subsee, Nauticam, and other manufacturers. The adapter should not be used with 67mm threaded wide angle lenses. The wide-angle lens would be too far away from the camera's lens to provide an improved image (lenses not included).
Accessory Mounting:Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts. Light is absorbed as it travels through even short distances underwater, making colors appear dull or monochromatic. To preserve the natural colors of your subject, it's important to stay within arm's reach no more than 3-4' (1 meter) away. There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce magazine quality results with almost any compact camera system.
Color Filters:Enhanced color correction and clarity can be achieved by adding a color filter or external light. The lens port of the housing accepts our 3" (76mm) diameter color filters, which are available in two formulas: Tropical Blue Water # 6441.46 and Green Water # 6441.86. A color filter reduces the amount of light that reaches the camera's sensor, so they are most effective in sunny conditions up to about 45' (15 meters). The absolute maximum effectiveness is 80' (24 meters) in ideal conditions of full sun and visibility of 100'+ (30+ meters). Ikelite also offer a Yellow Barrier Filter # 6441.16 for shooting fluorescence photography (filters not included).
Flash and Constant-On Lights:A flash or constant on light is necessary for close-up, night dives, and deep depths. An external light also brings out more colors in sunny conditions. External lights are typically not used in conjunction with color filters, as the combination will result in tones that are too red or too purple. The location of the camera's flash in relation to the lens makes it unusable for lighting your subject underwater. However, the camera's flash may be used to trigger an external strobe. Two ports are provided for the connection of up to two fiber optically triggered underwater strobes. Alternatively, a bright constant-on video light can be used. A constant-on light is not as bright as a strobe flash. Constant-on lights do provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist and for improved colors when shooting video.
Vacuum Testing:A spare 1/2-20 threaded Accessory Port on the side of the housing is the perfect location for the installation of an optional vacuum valve. The Vacuum Kit # 47012 allows you to pull a vacuum on the housing to simulate pressure at depth and check for leaks prior to entering the water.
Durability and Corrosion Free Performance:Ikelite's ABS-Polycarbonate blend provides strength and corrosion free performance year after year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light gray color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and O-ring seal. The unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the O-ring for simple and confident assembly. We have eliminated the need for an O-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless-steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the O-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes. Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. Ikelite uses locally sourced, top-grade materials. Ikelite housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200' (60 meters). They back their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
Compatibility:Differences in lens and control placement prevent cameras other than the Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 or DC-TZ90 from being used in this housing. Ikelite is not aware of any other camera models which may be used in or adapted to this housing. Controls for all camera functions except Diopter Adjustment Dial, housing is near neutral buoyancy in fresh water and has a 3.9" (99 mm) diameter glass lens port. Housing measures 6.4" x 5.2" x 7" (163 x 132 x 178 mm) and weighs 2.8 lbs. (1270 g). Included with the housing are a port cover, O-ring lubricant and owner's manual.
- Front-Loading Camera Mounting System Makes Installation and Removal a Breeze
- Mounting Plate Allows Ready Access to Battery & Memory Card
- Standard 1/4-20 Mounting Point for Attachment to Tripod Topside
- Wide Angleand Macro Close-Up Compatible
- 3.9 (99 mm) Lens Diameter Ports Allows Effective Zoom Range of 24-135mm
- Two 1/4-20 Threaded Mounting Points for Tripod or Tray
- External Lights & Filter Compatible
- 1/2-20 Threaded Accessory Port, Perfect for Optional Vacuum Valve to Check Water Tightness
- Durability and Corrosion Free Performance
- ABS-Polycarbonate Blend Provides Strength and Corrosion Free Performance
- Specially Formulated Color Deflects Sun, Keeps Camera Running Cooler, Longer
- Body Color: Superior Contrast for Enhanced View of Camera, LCD Screen, & O-Ring Seal
- Unique Rear Seal Design Prevents Accidental Twisting or Stretching of O-Ring
- No O-Ring Groove or Channel to Trap Sand, Dirt, or Debris
- Two Double-Passivated Stainless-Steel Locking Lid Snaps
- Clear Back Allows-You-to-See O-Ring Form Solid, Watertight Seal when Closed
- Designed, Built and Tested in the USA
- Locally Sourced, Top-Grade Materials
- Built by Hand and Individually Tested for Fit and Function
- Depth Rating: 200' (60 meters)
- Over 50 Years of Experience & Best Reputation for Service within Dive Industry
- Near NeutralBuoyancy in Fresh Water
- 1/4-20 Thread Tray Mounting w/3 (76mm) Spacing
- Dimensions: 6.4 x 5.2 x 7 (163 x 132 x 178 mm)
- Weight: 2.8 lbs. (1270 g)
- Includes: O-Ring Lubricant, Port Cover
- Instruction Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Construction||ABS-Polycarbonate Blend w/Stainless Steel Hardware|
|Depth Rating||200' (60 meters)|
|Dimensions||6.4 x 5.2 x 7 (163 x 132 x 178 mm)|
|Weight||2.8 lbs. (1270 g)|
|Controls||All Important Camera Functions Except Diopter Adjustment Dial|
|Buoyancy||Near Neutral in Fresh Water|
|Port||3.9 (99 mm) Diameter|