You have no items in your shopping cart.
Sea & Sea MDX-EOS R Underwater Housing for Canon EOS R
Product OverviewState-of-the-art housing for the full-frame mirrorless Canon EOS R camera. Compact, compatible with the Optical YS Converter and ergonomically designed. Designed to be compact and lightweight. Taking advantages of the mirrorless camera's compact design and light weight, the housings has been designed accordingly to enhance these features. Compared to SLR MDX-5D Mark lV camera housing, the MDX-R is 3.5 oz. (100 g) lighter in weight on land. The housing (alone) weighs 6.4 lbs. (2.9 kg) compared to the 6.6 lbs. (3 kg) Cannon MDX-5D Mark IV camera housing. Ports and gears for the MDX series SLR housings can be used. The MDX-R is compatible with the system chart for the MDX series SLR housings. You can utilize EF mount lenses with the mount adapter and ports/gears for the MDX series housings. Compatible with Optical YS Converter C/R (tentative name). TTL strobe photography possible.
The new optional Optical YS Converter C/R* which converts the camera's hot-shoe TTL signal into an LED light signal is available. With the converter, both TTL and manual exposure photography is possible. Designed for RF mount lenses. The Focus/Zoom dial has two gears, one which is dedicated for RF mount lenses. The camera's upper control panel is visible. A window for the camera's upper control panel is also incorporated. As brightness of the camera's upper control panel has increased, the visibility is now greatly improved. The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally. The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing. Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment. Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, and 0.8x can be used. Some vignetting occurs. When the VF45 and VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the corners of the camera's viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting. Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only). Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage. Equipped with under guard to protect from scratches. The housing measures (W x H x D) 13.5" x 6.9" x 6.3" (342mm x 174mm x 159mm), and is depth rated to 330' (100m). Housing comes with an owner's manual.
*Currently developing new firmware.
- State-of-the-Art Housing for Full-Frame Mirrorless Canon EOS R Camera
- Compact, Compatible w/Optical YS Converter & Ergonomically Designed
- Designed-to-Be Compact & Lightweight
- Taking Advantages of Mirrorless Camera's Compact Design & Light Weight
- Housings Designed Accordingly to Enhance These Features
- Compared to SLR MDX-5D Mark lV Housing, MDX-R is 3.5 oz. (100 g) Lighter Weight On-Land
- Housing Weight (w/o Camera): 6.4 lbs. (2.9 kg)
- Depth Rating: 330' (100m)
- Designed for Ease of Use & Weight Underwater
- Ports & Gears for MDX Series SLR Housings Can-Be-Used
- Utilize EF Mount Lenses w/Mount Adapter & Ports/Gears for MDX Series Housings
- Compatible w/Optical YS Converter C/R (tentative name)*
- TTL Strobe Photography Possible
- Designed for RF Mount Lenses
- Focus/Zoom Dial: 2 Gears, One Dedicated for RF Mount Lenses
- Camera's Upper Control Panel Visible: Increased, Visibility Now Greatly Improved
- Port Lock:
Prevents Port from Turning or Loosening
Lock Lever Specifically Located to Avoid Unlocked Accidentally
- Lens-Lock Release Button: Change Lenses Easily, w/o Opening Housing
- Pulling Out Focus/Zoom Dial: Easily Accommodate Larger Diameter Lenses
- All Controls w/Luminescence Stickers, Glow-In-Dark-Environment
- Equipped w/Optical Viewfinder 0.5x Standard
- Sync Cord 2-Pin Connector:
Enables Use of Conventional Hardwired Sync Cable
Manual Mode Only
Housing: Precision-Machined Anodized Aluminum
Grip: Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy
Corrosion Resistant Design
2-Sacrificial Zinc Diodes One-On-Front, One-On Rear Case
Prevent Electrolysis Damage
- Under Guard½:to Protect from Scratches
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 13.5 x 6.9 x 6.3 (342mm x 174mm x 159mm)
- Owner's Manual
- *Currently Developing New Firmware
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Construction||Housing: Machined Anodized Aluminum
Grip: Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy
|Depth Rating||330' (100m)|
|Dimensions||(W x H x D) 13.5 x 6.9 x 6.3 (342mm x 174mm x 159mm)|
|Weight||Approximately 6.4 lbs. (2.9 kg) w/o Camera|
|Camera Compatibility||Canon EOS R Camera|