You have no items in your shopping cart.
Sea & Sea MDX-a7IV Underwater Housing for Sony a7RIV
Product OverviewRevised ergonomic design, improved safety features and eye-catching exterior. The new MDX-L series housings are now upgraded with more standard features to ensure better handling and greater protection for your camera. Designed for the Sony a7RIV camera, the Sea & Sea MDX-a7IV Underwater Housing comes equipped with Grip Plus, SA8 Fixed Ball Bases, and Leak Sentinel XB. Equipped with new silicone handle inserts for firm and steady grip as standard. Silicone compound material implanted in the grip providing firm hold. SA8 Fixed Ball Bases now comes standard with MDX-L series housings. Leak Sentinel XB, which measures atmospheric pressure inside the housing even on land, is now a standard accessory together with the conventional built-in Leak Sensor. Two alert sensors are available for your peace of mind.
For better noticeability, controls are partially colored with yellow. Compatible with the Sea & Sea, Manual Flash Trigger/S" (optional). The camera can be mounted in the housing with its LCD monitor extended from the camera to reduce the distance between the rear window and monitor to increase visibility. Compatible with Sea & Sea Optical YS Converter S1 which converts the strobe light emission signal of the camera to LED light and synchronizes with the Sea & Sea YS strobe. It is a high-performance converter that does not just emit simple light-emitting signals, but also performs TTL auto light control. * Sony original adapter ADP-MAA is required separately for connecting camera and optical YS converter. With Buoyancy Pocket *1, underwater weight has lessened by 8.5 oz. (240 g). *2. The pocket can be used as space for extra battery pack *3. Sea & Sea will not take any responsibility for accident caused by use of extra battery or any other accessory stored in the buoyancy pocket.
Compatible with all the DX (NX) series ports. The camera can be removed from the housing easily even if a lens with large diameter such as the SEL1635GM is mounted on the camera without removing port from the housing enabling you to replace battery and lens with ease. The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally. The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing. Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
The camera's diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing. All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment. Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x and Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, 0.8x can be used. Some vignetting occurs. When the VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the upper part of the camera's viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting. Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only). The housing body is made from corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)½and the grip is corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy. Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress. Tripod screw mount is located on the center underside of the housing. Equipped with under guard to protect from scratches. Housing is depth rated to 330' (100m) measures (W x H x D) 13" x 7.4" x½5.2" (330mm x 189mm x 131mm) and weighs 6.2 lbs. (2.8 kg). Included with the housing are silicone grease, O-ring remover, hex wrench (6mm/for grip dismounting), hex wrench (3mm/for lanyard bolt), O-ring maintenance manual, and instruction manual. Attached accessories to the product are housing body cap, fiber-optic cable socket cap x 2, Optical Viewfinder 0.5x, and CR1623 lithium battery (for leak sensor).
*1 Dimensions: 3.9" x 2.5" x0 .9" (100 mm x 63mm x 24mm)
*2 Compared with the MDX-5D Mark lV, by 8.5 oz. (240 g) lighter under the following condition:
MDX-a7lV + SEL90M28 + Focus Gear + DX Macro Port 87 (underwater weight: 1.54 lbs. 7,700 g).
- Revised Ergonomic Design, Improved Safety Features & Eye-Catching Exterior
- Upgraded w/More Standard Features, Ensures Better Handling & Protection for Camera
- Grip Plus, SA8 Fixed Ball Bases, & Leak Sentinel XB
- Silicone Handle Inserts for Firm & Steady Grip
- Grips Silicone Compound Material Provides Firm Hold
- Leak Sentinel XB: Measures Atmospheric Pressure Inside Housing Even-On-Land
- Conventional Built-In Leak Sensor
- Two Alert Sensors Available for Your-Peace-of-Mind
- Compatible w/Sea & Sea, Manual Flash Trigger/S (optional)
- LCD Extended from Camera:
Reduced Distance Between Rear Window & Monitor
- Compatible w/Optical YS Converter S1
- Optical YS Converter S1:
Converts Strobe Light Emission Signal of Camera to LED Light
Synchronizes w/Sea & Sea YS Strobe
Does Not Just Emit Simple Light-Emitting Signals
Performs TTL Auto Light Control
- Compatible w/All DX (NX) Series Ports
- Camera Can-Be-Removed from Housing Easily w/Large Diameter Lenses
- Enabling Replace Battery & Lens
- Port Lock:
Prevents Port from Turning or Loosening
Lock Lever Specifically Located to Avoid Unlocked Accidentally
- Lens-Lock Release Button: Change Lenses Easily, w/o Opening Housing
- Pulling Out Focus/Zoom Dial: Easily Accommodate Larger Diameter Lenses
- All Controls w/Luminescence Stickers, Glow-In-Dark-Environment
- Equipped w/Optical Viewfinder 0.5x Standard
- Camera's Diopter Adjustment Dial
Operational from Outside Housing
Useful when 2-or-More-People w/Different Eyesight Use Housing
- Sync Cord 2-Pin Connector:
Enables Use of Conventional Hardwired Sync Cable
Manual Mode Only
- Built-In Leak Sensor Immediately Alerts of Water Ingress
- Tripod Screw Mount Located On-Center-Underside of Housing
Housing: Precision-Machined Anodized Aluminum
Grip: Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy
Corrosion Resistant Design
2-Sacrificial Zinc Diodes One-On-Front, One-On Rear Case
Prevent Electrolysis Damage
- Under Guard to Protect from Scratches
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 13 x 7.4 x 5.2 (330mm x 189mm x 131mm)
- Housing Weight: 6.2 lbs. (2.8 kg)
- Depth Rating: 330' (100m)
- Owner's Manual
Silicone Grease, O-Ring Remover
Hex Wrench (6mm/for Grip Dismounting)
Hex Wrench (3mm/for Lanyard Bolt)
O-Ring Maintenance Manual
CR1623 Lithium Battery (for leak sensor)
- * Sony Adapter ADP-MAA Required Separately for Connecting Camera & Optical YS Converter
- *With Buoyancy Pocket *1, Underwater Weight Lessened by 8.5 oz. (240 g)
- *2. Pocket Can-Be-Used-as-Space for Extra Battery Pack
- *3. Sea & Sea will not take any responsibility for accident caused by use of extra battery or any other accessory stored in the buoyancy pocket
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Construction||Housing: Machined Anodized Aluminum
Grip: Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy
|Depth Rating||330' (100m)|
|Dimensions||(W x H x D) 13 x 7.4 x 5.2 (330mm x 189mm x 131mm)|
|Weight||6.2 lbs. (2.8 kg) w/o Camera|
|Camera Compatibility||Sony a7RIV Cameras|