You have no items in your shopping cart.
Sherwood SR2 Regulator
Product OverviewThe SR2 Regulator continues the legacy the SR1 created. It packs advanced technology into a compact case, employing contemporary-styling and utilizing a multitude of cutting edge materials to bring to you a superior high-performance regulator system. Superior breathing performance the SR2 is more technically advanced and more attractive than its predecessor. The SR2's first stage regulator is one of the only truly" balanced first stages on the market today. Most balanced piston regulators come close, but never actually become truly" pneumatically balanced. They attempt to, by creating a very sharp knife" edge piston sealing surface that cuts into the first stage seat. This cutting of the seat deteriorates the seat rapidly lower regulator performance over time.
Sherwood addressed this problem and eliminated it! By making a two-piece first stage piston they were able to increase the seating surface sealing diameter without using a knife edge sealing surface. Not only were they able to eliminate the excessive wear associated with knife edge pistons, they were able to create the first truly" pneumatically balanced flow-thru-piston first stage regulator. This piston design provides high-flow capacity and rapid response to second stage demand as never experienced in the past.
Piston regulators inherently allow water to enter the main spring cavity to properly-adjust themselves to the ambient (surrounding) water pressure. This design also allows contaminates found in water to also enter. Sand, salt, silt and chlorine can rapidly deteriorate first stage performance. Most piston regulators eliminate this problem with packing the main-spring cavity with thick messy grease. The grease transmits the pressure changes to the mechanism and in theory keeps the mechanism cleaner. The grease has some drawbacks such as it can leak-out" the holes in the first stage body and it also acts as a fly-trap" allowing contaminates to stick to it.
Sherwood also address this problem. By creating a sealed dry spring chamber that prevents water and contaminates from entering the regulator interior, Sherwood was able to keep the intricate internal components free of contamination from ambient deposits of minerals and Increase Performance of the regulator system. The SR2 first stage has 5-low pressure (LP) ports on a 360° swivel and 2-high pressure (HP) ports for optimal hose routing. The first stage regulator is manufactured from marine grade chrome plated brass and is nitrox ready up to 40% out of the box"
The SR2 utilizes a pneumatically balanced second stage. The second stage contains a SMART demand lever and floating crown which reacts to depressurization and relieves the load on the seat, extending seat life while promoting consistent performance. Importantly, the second stage employs a unique single adjustment point to simultaneously set opening effort and high flow performance with one-motion; the need to make separate adjustment therefore has been eliminated.
The size of the SR2 Control knob has also been optimized to enable easy location and operation, even for a diver wearing gloves. The SR2 second stage has an ergonomic shape and size and is weightless in the water for maximum comfort. Regulator comes equipped with a 3/8" threaded 31" (78.75 cm) low pressure hose and owner's manual.
- SR2 Regulator Continues-the-Legacy the SR1 Created
- Packs Advanced Technology into a Compact Case
- Contemporary-Styling and Utilizing a Multitude of Cutting Edge Materials
- Superior High-Performance Regulator System
- Superior Breathing Performance
- SR2 More Technically Advanced and More-Attractive than its Predecessor
- Only Truly Balanced First Stages on the Market
- Nitrox Compatible to 40% Oxygen Out-of-the-Box
- 3/8 Threaded 31 (78.75 cm) Low Pressure Hose
- Owner's Manual
- First Stage:½:Sherwood SR2
Truly Pneumatically-Balanced Design:½:Unique 2-Piece Flow-Thru-Piston
Increase Seating Surface Sealing Diameter w/o Using Knife Edge Sealing Surface
Provides High-Flow Capacity & Rapid Response to 2'nd Stage Demands
Gentle Seating Surface for Less Wear and Higher Performance Over-Time
- Sealed Dry Spring Chamber (SDSC):
Piston Regulators Inherently Dirty-Design
Sand, Salt and Chlorine Can Rapidly Deteriorate First Stage Performance
Prevents Water and Contaminates from Entering Mechanism
Intricate Internal Components Free of Contamination
- 5-Low Pressure (LP) Ports on a 360°: Swivel
- 2-High Pressure (HP) Ports
- Optimal Hose Routing
- Marine-Grade Chrome Plated Brass
- Second Stage:½:Sherwood SR2
- Pneumatically Balanced Second Stage
- SMART Demand Lever and Floating Crown:½:
- Reacts to Depressurization and Relieves the Load on Seat½:
- Extends Seat Life Promotes Consistent Performance
- Single-Adjustment Point:
One Touch Performance Adjustment
Simultaneously Set Opening Effort and High Flow Performance
One-Motion: No-Need to Make Separate-Adjustment
Control Knob Optimized to Enable Easy-Location-and-Operation
- Ergonomic Shape and Size
- Weightless in Water for Maximum Comfort
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|1'st Stage Type||Pneumatically Balanced Flow-Thru Piston|
|LP Ports||5 with 3/8 Thread|
|HP Ports||2 with 7/16 Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Yes, Dual Function Knob: Venturi Dive/Pre-Dive, Inhalation Resistance Adjustments|
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes, Up to 40%|
|2'nd Stage Type||Pneumatically Balanced Valve|
|Materials||1'st-Stage: Marine Grade Chrome Plated Brass, 2'nd-Stage: Glass-Filled Polyamide|
|Hose Length||31 (78.75 cm)|
|1'st Stage Type|
|Pneumatically Balanced Flow-Thru Piston|
|5 with 3/8 Thread|
|2 with 7/16 Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage|
|Yes, Dual Function Knob: Venturi Dive/Pre-Dive, Inhalation Resistance Adjustments|
|Yes, Up to 40%|
|2'nd Stage Type|
|Pneumatically Balanced Valve|
|1'st-Stage: Marine Grade Chrome Plated Brass, 2'nd-Stage: Glass-Filled Polyamide|
|31 (78.75 cm)|