Average Customer Review: based on 2 reviews.Rating: Pinnacle 1.5mm Shadow 2 Wetsuit Review - Scuba Gear Customer Reviews
A true multipurpose suit, the SHADOW 2 is versatile enough to be used as a warm water, a surface watersports suit, or a layering garment beneath other wetsuits or shorties, while providing thorough skin protection.
• All the features of the Shadow in a new 1.5mm design with a more
• 1mm thick open cell neoprene and 0.5mm exterior shell adds significant
warmth when worn alone or under a shorty or wetsuit
• Open cell interior helps to prevent internal water circulation
• 1 piece jumpsuit that can be equally effective as a tropical diving or
snorkeling wetsuit, for surface watersports, or as a layering device
beneath heavier wetsuits or shorties
• More than just a dive skin, the Shadow is an actual neoprene wetsuit
• Far warmer than a skin. When used for layering, it not only adds warmth,
but allows wetsuit to slide on more easily
• Provides complete UV protection
• Protects knees and elbows
• 1.5mm zipper flap with built-in key pocket
• Extra-long zipper leash with Velcro™ hold-down
• O-ring wrist, neck, and ankle seals
The key step to making any wetsuit perform to its ultimate potential is reducing water transfer. This process, whereby water from the diving environment enters and exits the wetsuit, allows cold water to enter the suit and lets bodywarmed water exit; thus chilling the diver, even in tropical waters. PINNACLE nearly eliminates water transfer by creating better barriers to keep cold water out, making more form-fitting products that prevent internal water movement, employing the renowned Merino™ lining system to enable body heat to warm internal water, and then making it extremely difficult for that warm water to escape.
In order to prevent water entry and egress, PINNACLE employs the latest technology in sealing systems. Features like honeycomb o-ring wrist seals, Orcaskin™ forearm gussets, smoothskin chimney seals in the ankles, roll-neck collars with smoothskin sealing surfaces, smoothskin-to-smoothskin sealing surfaces on 10mm spine pads, and the innovative Pinnacle Defense System (P.D.S.) combine in PINNACLE suits to create a significantly better water barrier than in other brands. These sealing systems work as checkpoints, neither allowing water in the suit nor out.
The second step, having a more form-fitting suit, is achieved by offering divers more choices in sizes. PINNACLE offers as many as 17 male, 12 female and 4 children’s sizes in wetsuits, as well as more sizes of boots, gloves, and hoods than most other manufacturers.
PINNACLE has the ability to customize suits to some extent to fit people with more challenging shapes, but with up to 33 stock sizes, one is sure to fit almost any diver perfectly; and a tighter, better-fitting suit leaves less room for water to move, which keeps the diver warmer.