Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7637 - 04/17/09 01:47 PM Intro
KevinP Offline
new diver

Loc: Vermont, USA
Hey everyone. New to the board & wanted to say hi. Been diving since 94 and have recently renewed my interest, so I'm now working on my divemaster cert and looking forward to putting more energy into diving.

Anyway, thanks for having me.

#7638 - 04/18/09 01:30 PM Re: Intro [Re: KevinP]
BobG Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine, CA
Welcome! Feel free to let us know you have any questions or comments! Enjoy!!!

#7927 - 10/12/10 03:40 AM Re: Intro [Re: BobG]
craigsmith Offline
new diver

hello kevin,
I am craig smith new in this forum.
just going for certification. but i am little bit confused
between PADI and SSI certification. which one is best?

#7930 - 10/13/10 01:16 PM Re: Intro [Re: craigsmith]
BobG Offline
veteran

Craig,

It isn't nearly as much the certifying agency as the instructor teaching your course. All agencies teach the divers to enjoy scuba at all the recreational depths safely. Take a few minutes and visit with the instructor who will be teaching your class. Ask a few questions, such as costs for make up classes if you need to miss one or what happens if you just need more time and practice.

Take a few minutes to discover if you have a good rapport with the person. Take note of how easily they explain things to your satisfaction and their level of patience, keeping in mind that when you are in the water and things are more stressful with less ability to communicate the person doesn't get BETTER at it.

All in all we instructors live off our students completing the course successfully and telling their friends, neighbors and loved ones how much fun they had! PADI, NAUI, SSI, SDI and any other agency around the world all want to see you happy in the water!

#8034 - 04/19/11 08:06 AM Re: Intro [Re: BobG]
aldenjones Offline
just got here

I am new member here. My name is Alden Jones. I just entered this thread to say hello to all.

#8120 - 09/24/11 02:30 PM Re: Intro [Re: aldenjones]
BobG Offline
veteran

Hello Alden! Welcome!!!

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie