Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8113 - 09/13/11 03:23 AM Re: Best diving in Caribbean? [Re: jochro]
GWOTVET Offline
new diver

The Wall in Grand Caymen has great wildlife, but you do go deep for newer divers (no fears with a good DM). My wife and I love Grand Bahama, but if you have a fear a sharks (like my wife) prep yourself for some awsome interaction with some black tips ( I call them the German Shepards of the sea) The other great thing about Grand Bahamas is you can dive almost any enviorment (Shallow sand with Rays, Reefs, or some deep wrecks). There are several nice places at Port Lucyan outside of Freeport (We stay at the Pelican Bay) with lots of food and shopping with-in walking distance. The summer months are good for visibilty, however beware of weather if booking in Fall (Sep-early Nov) or in spring (MAR) as ports will close due to wind and waves

#25111 - 02/25/12 12:53 AM Re: Best diving in Caribbean? [Re: maxciriloy]
rybags Offline
new diver

The island is not spectacular but the people are great and the diving is beyond compare. I wish you guys good luck.

http://rysacs.org/

#37389 - 05/29/12 07:58 AM Re: Best diving in Caribbean? [Re: jochro]
islandfishguy Offline
avid diver

Every island is different and each dive site holds it's own treasures. A dive vacation should consist of other things as well. Consider day-to day costs. Snorkeling options. Safety and all the other little things. The reef off of Belize and Mexico is a quarter mile off-shore. A lot of people don't know this. After a two-hour boat ride on crappy seas diving was not on the top of my list after one day. Find St.Vincent. No one knows about it. The reefs are easy to reach and thriving. The water is renowned for being some of the clearest in the Caribbean. The exchange rate is almost 3-1 and there's a rain-forest, a volcano, botanical gardens, waterfalls, and easy day trips to other islands. The snorkeling is possibly the best in the Caribbean as the bays are shallow, warm and calm. Not to mention easy to reach right from the almost empty pristine beaches. After seeing most of the rest of the Caribbean I have to say St.Vincent is a no brainer. I found lots of info. and pics. along with a couple of pretty good snorkeling/dive videos at http://caribbeanbeachtravel.com Good luck and happy bubbles.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel, Reggie