Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#4467 - 09/11/01 10:01 AM Rescue Diver Course Advice
munch_5150 Offline
veteran

Loc: Stamford, CT USA
I'm starting the PADI Rescue Diver course on Thursday and was wondering if any of you veterans have any advice. I'm really looking forward to it and to learning a lot.
Thanks

#4468 - 09/11/01 04:26 PM Re: Rescue Diver Course Advice
jbd Offline
avid diver

Its a good course and very physically demanding. You won't regret taking it.

#4469 - 09/11/01 08:58 PM Re: Rescue Diver Course Advice
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
Rescue is one of my favorite courses to teach. It is a lot of fun and you learn valuable skills that may save a life some day. (hopefully you'll never be presented with that challenge). The only advice I have, is that, if you have a question, ask it and pay attention to technique applied by the instructor. They usually have little tricks that make the task at hand easier.

Enjoy the course.

#4470 - 09/13/01 02:19 PM Re: Rescue Diver Course Advice
munch_5150 Offline
veteran

Thanks guys... off I go!

#4471 - 10/21/01 09:13 AM Re: Rescue Diver Course Advice
oceansmist Offline
new diver

Loc: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Hi there,

It may be a little late in posting my reply, but I just want to say that it is great you have decided to take the Rescue Diver course. I became certified in May of this year and have completed my AOW and now my Rescue diver course. It was a great course and teaches you valuable skills (not to mention how quick you learn to put on and take off your equipment)
Good luck and enjoy the course!!

#4472 - 10/26/01 08:41 AM Re: Rescue Diver Course Advice
munch_5150 Offline
veteran

Thank you all for your replies. I had an awesome time with the course and learned tons!! I ended up learning how strong I am... I carried a 180lb guy out of the water! YAY! I actually talked with my instructor about assisting him with other classes which I will be doing soon. I figure I'll do this for a little while before I go for my divemaster training.

#4473 - 12/25/01 06:09 PM Re: Rescue Diver Course Advice
lars Offline
avid diver

Loc: Dallas, Texas USA
I am happy to read that you are certifying in Rescue. I personally would like to see everyone become rescue certified. I feel that the industry as a whole would be a little safer and present itself as a very serious industry that can say ALL of it's divers are rescue trained and certified. Congratulations on your choice to become Rescue Certified.

#7852 - 06/27/10 04:25 AM Re: Rescue Diver Course Advice [Re: lars]
L2R Offline
just got here

I wish more instructors believed as you. I have tried for a year to find a place who teaches NAUI rescue, they only want to teach advanced. Then I found a place in Pensacola who does but like another diver who posted, was told my EMT-I certif, red cross CPR/AED certif, would not suffice. Why make it so difficult?- I'm an advanced open water w/ Nitrox and don't want to go any further w/out the ability to respond to an emergency. Q - If I go to PADI for rescue, will NAUI acknowledge it ?

Moderator:  BobG, Mel