Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#64365 - 08/27/12 05:01 AM Re: So How About SSI? [Re: m0nster4h1re]
Historydigger Offline
just got here

In truth, it really depends on which shop and your instructor who is best. I most of the PADI places poor (except the one on S.Cobb) and the SSI dive center to be good. However, in Miss. Gulf Coast, I will only work with the PADI shop. Basically, if you like the people and the instructors, then that is where you need to be.

#64372 - 09/13/12 06:46 PM Re: So How About SSI? [Re: Historydigger]
GoBlues Offline
new diver

Having done both PADI and SSI I have found the biggest differance is the actual Instructor.

The Instructor can be certified by all the organizations, but if they suck as an Instructor it doesnt matter.

For me I prefer SSI, but thats becuase it works out better for my schedules, I like the dive shop, the people, the Instructors, and the dive location they are at.

By the way, if youe ever in IL, I would highly suggest diving at Mermet Springs (Thats my shameless plug for them!)

#64373 - 09/14/12 11:57 AM Re: So How About SSI? [Re: GoBlues]
BobG Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine, CA
I couldn't have said it better myself!

And NP on the plug for Mermet! Been a fan of Glen and the Springs for a long time!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BobG, Mel