Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7576 - 01/09/09 07:53 PM Red sea diving
LeeVee Offline
just got here

planning on going diving in Sharm al sheikh after travelling through Egypt. Any recommondations for a dive operator and hotel?

#7577 - 01/24/09 08:44 AM Re: Red sea diving [Re: LeeVee]
graham Offline
just got here

I've just come back from the Red Sea, fantastic diving. I used camel.com absolutely excellent, 50euros a day diving, on boat for 2 dives a day. Make sure you go to Ras Mohammid, hotel I stayed in the Hilton Sharks Bay, couldn't fault it, food was good, Camel will pick you up at the hotel each day, I took my own equipment, used the same boat every day, left my gear on board, overnight, no problems, all looked after, excellent guides. Have fun if you've never been before, you'll love it.

#7826 - 05/06/10 02:01 PM Re: Red sea diving [Re: graham]
amyzengrace Offline
just got here

I've just returned from 5 days of diving the Fury Shoals in southern Egypt, staying in Hamata. As the shoals are several kms offshore and accessible only by boat, they are pristine and words would not do justice to all we experienced, from snorkelling with a whale shark and dozens of dolphins to diving "the playground" which is a series of huge coral formations, canyons, crevices and passageways you can make your way through. The area is remote, which makes this so spectacular. Not one "ordinary" dive. And, the resort we stayed at had a house reef that was several kms long

#8057 - 06/14/11 12:42 AM Re: Red sea diving [Re: LeeVee]
maxciriloy Offline
avid diver

The Red Sea has some of the best diving in the world. It is part of the Great Rift Valley: a trough running from Israel to some degrees south of the equator. This immense crack in the Earth's surface makes for an extremely deep sea, reaching nearly 3000 m. It also explains small islands like the Brothers. Steep-sided and far from land, they were probably thrown up by volcanic actions as the rift opened.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie