Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7534 - 09/17/08 09:50 PM NAUI Certification Number
markrodg Offline
just got here

I was in Providenciales, Turks & Caicos this past summer at a Beaches resort. I proudly presented the dive shop my NAUI OW card and the guy looked at me puzzled. He said the card means nothing without an individual certification number on it. Is this true? And if so, why does my C-card not have a certification number on it?

Luckily, I had printed my PADI AOW temporary card before I went on vacation so I was able to dive. PADI has individual certification numbers but NAUI does not. Seems odd.

Edited by markrodg (09/17/08 09:52 PM)

#7535 - 10/28/08 05:07 PM Re: NAUI Certification Number [Re: markrodg]
BobG Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine, CA
If you had the plastic NAUI Certification card with all the NAUI information on it, that's all you needed. There is no set "standard" for what your C-Card does and does not have to include. Your certification number really means absolutely nothing to a dive shop or resort. It's only real use is for the training agency to track who you are.

The NAUI cards have your name, certification date, the certification level, your instructor's name and instructor number and the name of the facility that did the training. That is all that is required on the NAUI C-Card. The person at the resort simply didn't know what they were talking about.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel