Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7526 - 09/08/08 11:50 AM Lost NAUI card
Coolhand Offline
new diver

Well I think I may have a problem that can't be solved however I thought I would see if anybody here can think of something I am missing. I was certified by NAUI in 1983 by an outfit in Santa Monica, California named Blue Cheer. I recently moved and during that process my NAUI card and logs took a walk. I have contacted NAUI, several times, and learned my certification pre-dates their automation and they informed me I would need to find the name of my instructor. That is the rub, Blue Cheer went out of business two years ago +/-, and I live far from Santa Monica now and can't seem to find a lead on how to find out who my instructor was way back then... My gut is telling me I may be screwed and have to suffer a do over. If that is the case any suggestions on how to account for my experience in the past? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

#7527 - 09/10/08 10:25 AM Re: Lost NAUI card [Re: Coolhand]
BobG Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine, CA
I would try to do exactly what you are currently doing. If you ask around on the various boards somebody will probably remember the names and locations of the instructors and maybe be able to give you a lead. Its a long shot and honestly it might be quicker and less frustration just to jump into an Open Water class at your local dive shop.

#7528 - 09/10/08 01:20 PM Re: Lost NAUI card [Re: BobG]
Coolhand Offline
new diver

Bob,

Thanks for the reply to this post. I am new to the internet scuba community, are there any other bulletin boards you would recommend I use to try and resolve this issue? Also, any suggestions on how to account for my prior experience should I elect to take the open water again, which is what I am expecting to do now since my wife has expressed an interest in getting certified... Might as well join her. Thanks for your time.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel