Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7373 - 12/06/07 01:21 PM Wristwatch Dive Computers
m1111s Offline
just got here

Does anyone dive with a wristwatch computer and if so, do you recommend it? I need a new computer and was hoping to eliminate another hose dangling beneath me. Are they worth the extra money and where do you put a compass? I see that Suunto makes a computer with a compass in the watch. Anyone use the D9?

#7374 - 12/06/07 05:33 PM Re: Wristwatch Dive Computers [Re: m1111s]
GeorgeS Offline
avid diver

Loc: Irvine, CA USA
Wrist watches have the advantage of having the information in an easy to access spot and eliminating extra hoses. If you have a computer that will allow a transmitter, the watch will even display your tank pressure and dive time remaining based off of air consumption. The compass would then be worn as a watch on the wrist next to it or what I prefer is to have the compass on a retractable lanyard connected to the BCD. Suunto does have a watch that also has the compass built into it, but the number one complaint I hear about it is that the compass is more difficult to use then a standard compass and not worth the extra money.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel, Reggie