Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7290 - 08/05/07 08:56 PM Zeagel Ranger Weight Distribution
Brian_in_SD Offline
just got here

Loc: San Diego, CA
I recently purchased a Zeagle Ranger and am looking for a recomendation on where to put the weights. I am diving a 120 CF steel tank and need to carry 18 lbs of weight. With the steel cylinder should I have any weight at the tank pouches?

#7291 - 12/04/07 07:14 PM Re: Zeagel Ranger Weight Distribution [Re: Brian_in_SD]
scuba_frog Offline
just got here

Loc: Buffalo Grove, IL
Hi Brian. Brand new to this forum. Hope I'm not too late. I also have your exact setup...Ranger and HP steel 120's. Only difference, I use a LOT (32 to be exact) more weight than you. To balance myself, I have about 1/3 of my total weight in the tank trim pockets and the rest up front. I played around in a pool to try and get the right distribution. I could probably fine tune it more, but a lot also depends on whether I am wearing my wetsuit or dry suit. Hope that helps...4 months later.

#7292 - 12/05/07 01:00 PM Re: Zeagel Ranger Weight Distribution [Re: scuba_frog]
BobG Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine, CA
Thanks Scuba_Frog! Sorry that went unanswered for so long. I'm not sure why it didn't appear in my list. The XS Scuba trim weight pouches are a great way to help balance your weight. I generally don't go with more than 1/4 to 1/3 my lead in them though as I want to be able to create positive buoyancy at depth in case of an emergency.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie