Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7254 - 07/13/07 07:43 AM Why all these warm water destinations
Buzz Offline
just got here

Loc: Mid West near Chicago
C'mon folks your missing some great wreck dives just offshore from Chicago check out www.divechicago.com my first REAL open water dives were on Lake Michigan and I feel in love with it. I do plane on some Carribean diving in Feb 08 but until then I can't wait to see what turns up on the bottom of Lake Michigan.

#7255 - 07/15/07 06:16 PM Re: Why all these warm water destinations [Re: Buzz]
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
He's right ya know.

The Great Lakes and the inland waterways of the NE are loaded with wrecks, most of which are fairly intact. These are a huge part of what helped this country get built and stay ahead.

The West coast has the Channel Islands, their kelp forests and some incredible beach dives from San Diego to Puget Sound. Sea lions, otters and giant octopus not to mention giant Black Sea Bass that are frequently haunting known locations and can be seen almost on cue.

Warm water is great, but just a bit of a thicker wetsuit will open your eyes to underewater wonders.

#7256 - 07/24/07 06:17 PM Re: Why all these warm water destinations [Re: Buzz]
scubajack Offline
just got here

Loc: Ohio
Because warm water is clear and beautiful and full of lovely creatures and you can wear next to nothing and next to no weights and you don't freeze your fanny off between dives!

#7257 - 07/26/07 05:44 PM Re: Why all these warm water destinations [Re: scubajack]
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
There are fantastic things to see and do in both settings. The diversity of the planets water environments is one of it's greatest gifts to us as divers. Just think of how many people out there have never tried it at all. We can consider ourselves lucky to get in on some of the coolest scenery and animals anywhere whether it's cold or warm. I like to get the best of both worlds.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel, Reggie