Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7241 - 07/08/07 11:52 AM Ear Problem
OnDMission Offline
new diver

Here's my problem. Ihave very sensitive ears I csn't stand any type of noise, or for instance blowing in my ears it is very uncomfortable almost to the point of torture out of the water so when diving and bubbles coming out of reg. go directly over my ears this absolutely takes most of the fun out of my dive by trying to position my head to the side or down or whatever. You get the point. Three solutions have been suggested without any real study. 1st buy a thin Lycra hood 2nd use Doc's vented pro plugs made for diving. 3rd and most expensive try to buy or have made an extended tee for my tusa Reg. Any suggestions feedback with the above would be greatly appreciated. I do not have any problems with equalizing or infections or ruptures I don't get nose bleeds or sinus squeeze it is primarily a comfort issue with sound levels caused by bubbles passing my ears.

#7242 - 07/09/07 07:01 PM Re: Ear Problem [Re: OnDMission]
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-32/027930/IST-Pro-Ear-Mask.html

Take a look at the Pro-Ear Mask from IST at the link above. This mask acually has ear covers that are connected to the main space up front so that you can equalize. I can't imagine a better way to keep bubbles out of/away from your ears. A thin hood won't make any difference at all and a modification to your reg will do nothing in a current or if you tilt your head at all - the bubbles will still stream past one side or the other.

#7243 - 07/11/07 01:57 PM Re: Ear Problem [Re: BrianO]
OnDMission Offline
new diver

Thanks I've seen the mask i just wasn't too sure about it. I don't know anyone that has used it. but I'm gonna look it up right now. If anyone has used this mask I was wondering does it keep noise levels down or is it louder I have read that you can hear more I'm just wondering if it intensifies the common sounds against your ears?

#7244 - 07/14/07 07:53 PM Re: Ear Problem [Re: OnDMission]
OnDMission Offline
new diver

Has anyone got an opinion on the Pro ear mask that has used it?

#7245 - 07/15/07 06:18 PM Re: Ear Problem [Re: OnDMission]
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
Sold another one earlier today to a gentleman with a clearing problem. He may let us know what the thinks about it.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel, Reggie