Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7068 - 09/28/05 10:13 PM DIR
scubashep Offline
veteran

what does DIR stand for? [Confused]

#7069 - 10/01/05 10:10 AM Re: DIR
Tanker1 Offline
veteran

Loc: Virginia
DO IT RIGHT.

#7070 - 10/04/05 08:52 AM Re: DIR
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
Over the last several years, some of the lines between technical and recreational diving have become increasingly blurred. Most recreational dive training agencies now offer some degree of technical scuba training, and the popularity of deeper diving has increased while the impressive safety record stays intact. Understandably, adoption of advanced diving techniques by non-technical divers is also growing. An example of this is the rising popularity of DIR. Short for "doing it right", DIR is a mysteriously hot topic in the dive world. Dive Web site messageboards are full of heated discussions about who's "doing it right", new tech and "semi-tech" products are being introduced all over the market and gas mixing fill stations are popping up all over.

#7071 - 10/06/05 10:52 PM Re: DIR
scubashep Offline
veteran

Thank you.

I make it to my upmost to be safe about everything. I love life and want to enjoy alot more of it. Looks like I am doing my first true solo dive this weekend. I am going to pick up a Spare Air on the way and have a good day by myself. Hopefully it doesn't rain all day on me...but who cares when your under.

#7072 - 10/08/05 10:42 AM Re: DIR
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
Redundancy is definitely the word when solo diving. A larger air supply and/or a spare cylinder with more air is a good idea. Spare airs are a good way to go for non overhead environments. Be safe and have a blast.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel