Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7033 - 10/24/02 10:33 AM Diving the OMS VR3
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
Has anyone been diving with the OMS VR3 computer?

#7034 - 10/25/02 11:35 AM Re: Diving the OMS VR3
Mako Offline
veteran

Loc: Honolulu
Aloha Bill,
Yes i've been diving the new model VR3 for about 7 months now, it is by far the most advanced computer on the market, seems there isn't anything it can't do, altho I wouldn't recommend if for recreational diving, if your into tech diving it's the best, no lockouts, gas editing while on the dive, complete dive planner, and it will get you out of the water faster than any other computer, some of the other guys I dive with use the Diverite Ni-Tec, probably the next best comp on the market, the Vy-tec by Sunnto also a good comp but they seem to have transmitter problems, and the Abyssmal Explorer which I wouldn't take if someone gave me one, out of 4 here all have flooded or crapped out on the first or second dives, 1 gave a depth of 78 feet while on the boat (not a wreck dive lol) they was all sent back and repaired or replaced, all flooded again, you can find them for sale on Ebay if you'd really want one 8(

#7035 - 10/25/02 11:41 AM Re: Diving the OMS VR3
Mako Offline
veteran

Loc: Honolulu
p.s.
Since the computer is made in Europe by the Delta corp. and sold thru OMS, the instructions leave much to be desired. It took me a month to figure out how to play the shoot the octopus game 8)
mako

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel