Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#7011 - 10/09/02 01:25 PM Re: Halcyon
bottomrunner Offline
veteran

Loc: kingston,ontario,canada
mine is an inner tube over a plastic back plate with harness with a universal tank mount, it works well and packs great

#7012 - 10/29/02 09:15 AM Re: Halcyon
behr Offline
just got here

I am about to buy a HALCYON rig. Have read alot about it but so far only saw it on catalog pictures. A few questions remain despite the generally positiv reports: Is the rig stable without a cheststrap? On pictures it looks as if the shoulderstraps are about to slide off. Is there any attachment for the LPI-hoses or are they dangling free over the left shoulder? Is the Pioneer wing single tank adaptor worth considering as an add-on for recreational diving? Why the differentiation between 5- and 7-foot hoses? The switch to a double tank set-up can certainly not require a 2-foot increase. Who can help?

#7013 - 10/29/02 03:49 PM Re: Halcyon
BadFish Offline
veteran

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
to answer your question

1)yes it is stable, you dont need a chest strap, the way the straps are configured holds it in place and no they dont slip off. But keep in mind when you put it together dont tight'n them to much. you want to beable to get out of it underwater. the belt is what really hold it on.

as far as the LP hoses, if you wear this rg in a DIR config, Which you should IMOP, then the SPG
is on a 24 in hose clip to your left belt (ABS) d ring. Computer wrist mounted, Octo bungied around your neck also on a 24 to 26 inch hose and your primary on a 5 to 7 foot hose.

The 5 to 7 foot hose is also a DIR config and is there so that you can pass off your primary reg to an OOA diver (OOA = Out Of Air) thus giving him and yourself room to work.

If you have anymore question on Halcyon setup or DIR ask away or feel free to email me
If i don't have the answer i know the divers that do. I dive with a rather large group of DIR divers in California.

Later

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BobG, Mel