Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6972 - 01/18/06 01:28 AM Future diving computers - HELP!
FabioA Offline
new diver

Hi everyone,

My name is Fabio Andres and I study Industrial Design. I have chosen to develope a diving computer for my final project at school and have some questions for you!

I have created a short survey, which you are very welcome to answer (all the data will be used to gather information and explore areas, where the computers could be improved).

Please copy and paste this link in your browser to participate in the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=872811681205

You are also very welcome to post your ideas about how diving computers can be improved!

I appreciate your help and look forward to see, and discuss your answers!!

Thanks a lot!

Fabio.

#6973 - 01/19/06 12:40 AM Re: Future diving computers - HELP!
Mel Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine, CA USA
HI there, please make a computer that has a small internal battery that can hold nitrogen info during a battery change. This is a very frustrating limitation of many dive computers. Thanks.

#6974 - 01/19/06 06:31 PM Re: Future diving computers - HELP!
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
Excellent input so far. We will all be watching this forum closely to see what new ideas the end-user divers come up with.

#6975 - 01/25/06 03:25 PM Re: Future diving computers - HELP!
elec Offline
veteran

somthing quite simple but I never saw it the back of the console be reflective to be doubled as a singlaing device. Like I said somthing silly but somthing that would be nice to have in a "pickle"

#6976 - 01/26/06 08:56 AM Re: Future diving computers - HELP!
BrianO Offline
veteran

Good idea. Will be interesting to see what other features our divers conme up with.

#6977 - 01/26/06 08:18 PM Re: Future diving computers - HELP!
elec Offline
veteran

I don't know if this is even possible or not but if a computer can give u a read out about the current ur in ( speed direction ect..) would be kinda cool.

#6978 - 01/27/06 11:03 AM Re: Future diving computers - HELP!
BrianO Offline
veteran

Never heard that one before. If it can read a current, how about putting a compass funtion into the brain and get it to measure direction and velicity and give the diver a corrected angle to swim at in order to correct for directional deviation. That would be cool!

#6979 - 01/29/06 09:50 AM Re: Future diving computers - HELP!
elec Offline
veteran

and some sort of odometer for measuring distance.

#6980 - 01/30/06 07:44 AM Re: Future diving computers - HELP!
BrianO Offline
veteran

Another good idea from Elec. Although, it seems to me as though we're starting to design the worlds coolest compass/navigation aid.
As far as comuters go, it would be cool to have a computer that could be linked to a PC or laptop that could then email/link to the home computer to download recent info while on a trip and also access archived log information from a remote site. This would be proof of experience without haveing to carry a paper logbook.
Or how about enabling the portable unit that the diver uses in the water with logbook program installation software that would enable the diver to use an external keyboard to add details to the dive profile such as location, site name, dive buddy name, notes of interest and a rating system for the site.

#6981 - 01/30/06 08:45 AM Re: Future diving computers - HELP!
FabioA Offline
new diver

Hey guys! Thanks for your input so far. I will keep visiting the forum regularly!!

What do you actually think about a heart rate monitor? Could that help calculating the amount of nitrogen in the blood in a more precise way?..........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel