Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#6959 - 09/26/05 12:59 AM Altitude Dive Computer
Gigs Offline
new diver

Loc: Monterey, CA
I have yet to see a dive computer that can handle the following scenario:

9:00am At Sea Level, computer turned on.

12:00pm Arrive at lake at 8000'

1:00pm First dive at high altitude lake.

(Computer correctly "pre-loads" nitrogen loading for trip to altitude (doing proper calculations as treating the first dive as a "repetive dive".) Most computers "assume" that you have been at altitude for 24 hours and does the standard "altitude profile".)

#6960 - 09/27/05 12:08 AM Re: Altitude Dive Computer
scubashep Offline
veteran

Interesting and I will ask someone who has lots of issues with altitude diving. Air Force friend got stationed in CA and lives at altitude but loves to dive ocean and can't come home the same day. He hates it and complains alot about it and was diving way before I ever thought about it but I know he used to dive alot of apalachian mountain lakes before he moved. I will ask and see what I get from him.

#6961 - 10/01/05 10:06 AM Re: Altitude Dive Computer
Tanker1 Offline
veteran

Loc: Virginia
No problem! Cochrane Commander is the computer you need. Keeps check on altitude changes until the 24 hour post dive period has expired. Also knows the diference between salt and fresh water and calculates accordingly.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel