Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#6948 - 11/07/04 03:32 PM fins
the big stinky Offline
avid diver

Loc: bracebridge ontario
With so many manufactures of fins you think some of them could realize that yes people do dive dry and use the rubber vulcanized boot and therefore require a larger foot pocket my feet are only 10.5 and out of 15 pairs of fins have found one pair that fits good old turtle fins I am not surprised though just proves a classic design is more useful than the new subatomic rocket powered geo synced fin with dual stabilizers and led syncro flash.

Just my own little rant

#6949 - 11/07/04 04:28 PM Re: fins
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
I know what you mean!!
However, all is not lost.
The apollo bio fin in LL has done the trick for over five years now. Split fin technology and a great fit on a hard sole dry-suit boot that is size 12.5.
Force fins also make larger sizes that will accommodate the largest dry suit boots. Their accessories will also allow you to use the same fins with bare feet.

#6950 - 01/19/05 04:10 AM Re: fins
Sea Level Scuba Offline
just got here

Loc: Melbourne, FL USA
Scubapro offers the Jet in a XXL partly for that exact reason. Got a foot pocket you could just about drive a truck through.

#6951 - 01/19/05 02:41 PM Re: fins
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
True enough, Sea Level, but be careful. That brand has a restricted shipping policy. Anyone shipping it is not an authorized dealer and it comes with no warranties. The Bio Fin is also the best design ever tested by the Scubalab.

#6952 - 08/15/05 10:30 PM Re: fins
scubashep Offline
veteran

I have IST split fins now. Aside from the fact that they float, I have yet to wear out my legs with them. They are hard to find in stock at most places though. I got mine and I spent another two months trying to find the wife a pair. I just lucked upa and found the last pair in a little ma and pa shop.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel