Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#6938 - 11/25/03 08:42 AM Camel back BC?
Jet_god220 Offline
just got here

Loc: England
I was thinking that it would be a simple idea for the camelback manufacturers to make a bladder that can fit into a BC pocket. You could probably get a litre or so of water in there and use the existing drink tube to get a drink of water underwater! As there is no air in the bladder, I don't think it will be affected by pressure? Also, full face masks and commercial dive helmets could be manufactured with a drink tube like the military NBC masks with an adapter. Could you let me know how to submit this idea to Camelback?

#6939 - 12/03/03 05:46 PM Re: Camel back BC?
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
There is an underwater drinking system called scuda, www.scuda.com. Hope this helps.

#6940 - 04/05/07 10:10 AM Re: Camel back BC? [Re: Jet_god220]
aquamannyc Offline
avid diver

hey dud the military NBC mask are only good for a very very short time frame. the mask life expires very very quickly.
secondly the tube is for water only, not saltwater, the tube will get clogged up. the closets thing available is a water poouch that is on some octpuss, or infalter/octpus
adapter.

#6941 - 04/13/07 09:46 AM Re: Camel back BC? [Re: aquamannyc]
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
Keep in mind also that if you integrate this type of bladder into a BC, it will need special cleaning/storage conideration. The ones at www.scuda.com are the way to go and they are already in production.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel