Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#6935 - 10/18/03 06:35 PM Changing Wrap
Tanker1 Offline
veteran

Loc: Virginia
I was looking thru the gear catalog a few weeks ago and thinking of purchasing a changing tent. Beside it I saw a robe for $57.00 and I felt that was a lot of money for a robe. It was even more for the tent so I decided to invent something for myself which would not cost a lot and I would have more money for some new toys. I went to WalMart and purchased 4 large towels. Shoulder high to the floor size if that helps. Back home I got out the sewing machine and stitched all the long edges together forming a big tube of terry cloth. Next I stitched one end together leaving a hole in the middle big enough to get my head thru. I spent a little over $9.00 dollars and now I have all the privacy and room I need to change out in the wide open spaces found at most of the best dive sites.

#6936 - 10/19/03 06:15 AM Re: Changing Wrap
divealot Offline
veteran

Loc: Huntsville, AL
GREAT idea [Smile] That sure beats changing in your car!

#6937 - 10/22/03 08:43 AM Re: Changing Wrap
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
Having lived near a popular dive site, this is a good idea. Being discreet and courteous is greatly appreciated by the people that live there. Keeping the walkways clear of dive gear, not blocking private driveways and being as quite as possible early in the morning are all things that can help divers have a good image in the public eye.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel