Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#6839 - 11/02/01 08:08 PM Dacor H.U.B.
Dafydd Offline
new diver

Loc: SLC, Ut, USA
Anyone have an opinion about the Dacor H.U.B.? I am looking at getting my first B.C. and realy like the looks and ideas that went into making it. But how does ic compair with traditional designs?

#6840 - 11/10/01 04:14 PM Re: Dacor H.U.B.
EricF Offline
veteran

Loc: CA
It is still a traditional bc with reg set up - it just makes cleaning your gear harder!! ps i do like the power inflator/ deflator.

#6841 - 11/10/01 11:29 PM Re: Dacor H.U.B.
Dafydd Offline
new diver

Interesting comment. I hadn't considerd the cleaning aspect. Quick to set up and get into the water, but slow clean when you get home...
Elswhere I found a comment about the pokets getting a lot of wear. The heavy use can make the seams wear out fast. Has anyone here experienced this?
It is also interseting that the only comment is from a "Moderater", thanks. I took a look through the site and could not find Dacor or the HUB for sale here. If you moderate are you an employee of Divers Dicount? If the answer is yes, then maybe you are byised to the products you sell?

#6842 - 11/16/01 12:45 AM Re: Dacor H.U.B.
TexasMike Offline
veteran

Dafydd...yes, the moderators are employees of Divers Discount.

[This message has been edited by tek (edited 12-17-2001).]

#6843 - 11/15/01 01:52 PM Re: Dacor H.U.B.
Rebecca Offline
veteran

From the way I look at it... Dafydd asked for an opinion, and he got one....

I would think having those extra features would make your gear cleaning harder... Employee or not its a valid point!!!!

Whenever you add features you add maintenance. This is with anything. The question is, are the features worth the trouble. According to Eric the power inflator is a great feature. He has given you one positive and one negative feature of this BC without trying to sell you something we carry instead. I donít find this a biased opinion at all.... I think it is very valid and unbiased.

#6844 - 11/15/01 04:20 PM Re: Dacor H.U.B.
Dafydd Offline
new diver

Rebecca,
Sorry that you took offence. None was intended. I think that there is nothing wrong with being byissed. Knowing your own byiss and having a reason for it a good thing. I was kind of hoping that Erik would elaberate on his preferances and maybe expain what he conciders a good design. Divers Discount seems to have a lot of fine products. So how about a compairison of the HUB features to your favorite? I'm convinced that there is a cleaning issue, no argument from me on that point (Please re-read my first reply, I thanked Eric for pointing out something that I had over looked and no one else had told me about, Thanks Again). And cost is certainly a concern. The unified package of the HUB and the No Dangling hoses are still vary attractive to me.
So back on topic now? Are you byissed? And if so what are they?
Hey Texas Mike, Thanks. I'm on my way to check out the site right now. I'm brand new to scuba. Lessons done, only an open water to go!
D.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel