Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#6795 - 05/16/01 12:27 AM Tank Holders
scrappy Offline
veteran

Loc: Charlotte NC USA
I have a truck and was wondering if there was anyway to carry my tanks in the bed of the truck without having them roll around while I am driving. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#6796 - 05/16/01 07:36 AM Re: Tank Holders
TexasMike Offline
veteran

First, the cheep and low tech....

Purchased some of that knobby stuff that you can use to line kitchen drawers and put that down in the bed of the truck and placed a few bricks on each side.

Placed the tank against the side of the truck and then put my weights on the other side of the tank

Or you can find a scrap 2x8 at a local building site and use a saw to cut a vee notch (or a semi circle if you got the talent)

Finally, the shop do sell some items (some made from a foam material) that will keep your tanks from rolling about.

--TexasMike

#6797 - 05/17/01 01:21 AM Re: Tank Holders
jmsdiver Offline
veteran

Loc: USA
.....Another option: ask about a tank rack at your local shop. I believe that Innovative Scuba sells one that has a rail that you place on the inside of your bed, then it has folding C holders (like on boats) which your tank snaps into, then your just bungee it down. I think the entire system goes for $20 or less.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel